DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello From Denver, Colorado (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/14425-hello-denver-colorado.html)

Sasha Froyland September 11th, 2003 01:37 PM

Hello From Denver, Colorado

Hello!

Video hobbyist, interested in finding fun video projects.

Using JY-HD10U camera and Adobe Premier. Enjoy filming extreme sports and other events. Interested in expanding screen writing experience and learning more about Pre and Post Production. Willingness to volunteer for local projects.

Other hobbies include racing a Formula Mazda in the SCCA club, SCUBA diving, snow skiing, and finding ways to pay for my expensive hobbies. :-)

Day Job: mostly technical and boring, but pays the bills.

Cheers,

Sasha Froyland
SashaFroyland@Excite.com

Rob Lohman September 11th, 2003 02:18 PM

Welcoma aboard Sasha. You seem to have an energetic life! Must
give you lost of cool material!

Sasha Froyland September 11th, 2003 02:25 PM

Thanks Rob. Ya, I need to mount my camer to the top of my head!
;-)
But I think that has been done.

Eric Steiner January 19th, 2004 04:48 PM

hi sasha

I film extreme sports too at least until I broke my back,but i'm healing we should talk.

Sasha Froyland January 19th, 2004 08:49 PM

Hello Eric

Wow. Sounds painful. I'll send you an email off-line.

Sasha

Cameron Stainton February 19th, 2004 11:37 PM

Hey Sasha
Nice to see another videographer at altitude.
I live in Carbondale, CO.
I too race (4 wheelers), ski, and scuba...in fact I take most of my footage under water using a PD-170 and gates equip.
Hows the HD10U treating you?....almost bought one.
Cameron

Sasha Froyland February 20th, 2004 07:28 AM

Hello Cameron,
Good to hear from another mile-high buddy! Have you done any SCUBA lately? Usually, each year around this time I try and get out of town and away from the cold. I've taken stills, mostly micro (extreme close-up) underwater and love the vivid detail of soft corals.
The JVC camera is working great but there are too limitations I am trying to work around: 1) fast motion shows video artifacts, 2) bright light blows out colors. I'm a bit of a novice and am only doing this as a hobby (hopefully as a profession someday when I get better) but I believe I know how to correct these two deficiencies and will work on manually adjusting the camera to solve these problems this weekend. When the conditions are just right, the vivid and 'wet' video that the camera produces is tremendous! Editing has been a bit more expensive then I first envisioned – the software that comes with the camera is buggy and sucks, but Adobe Premier Pro with the Aspect Plug-in works great but was costly.
So what do you do in Carbondale? When you get down to Denver we should hookup and share SCUBA stories.
Sasha

Cameron Stainton February 20th, 2004 12:58 PM

As a matter of fact Sasha, my son and I are getting ready to depart next week for a month long trip to Roatan. We're hoping to put together an educational/documentary film with some help from RIMS (Roatan Institute for Marine Sciences). We would really like to get younger would be divers into the sport, and involved in responsible conservation minded diving.
This is our first attempt at something more serious than point and shoot videography...wish us luck!
I still have a JVC GR something or other...great little handheld DV camera. Its been the toughest little Cam I have owned. caught Alot of footage using the JVC and an Ikelite housing last time I was in Roatan...unfortunately the picture quality is not that great compared to the PD-170...so my JVC is relagated to backpacking and lightweight adventures.
I'll drop you line when we return and let you know how the trip was.....hard for sun, surf and beach to bad eh?
Best
Cameron

Sasha Froyland February 21st, 2004 06:55 AM

Hello Cameron,
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Have fun and send me an email when you return. I would love to see the footage!
Cheers,
Sasha