waiting for spring in athens, greece at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 8th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #1
New Boot

waiting for spring in athens, greece

I enjoy reading threads in here for some time now. Helped me gain valuable and critical knowledge, helped me decide regarding my equipment and create my wish lists. From the first day though I was surprised with how everybody in here is not too little, not too young or too inexperienced to participate and to share, how everybody has its bit of truth, that would help create the bigger picture we all need. I am proud to be a part of this so articulated community, and it is a pity that this has no real-life relevant, as it would be a relief.

my hands are on a jvc hd200, a mini35c, some zeiss slr lenses, some pentax slr lenses, a v-16 glidecam and some other stuff.

along with my dear friends I have just formed a video production label to serve our creative needs and accompany our already existing music production label.

I will be happy to relate with any interplanetary neighbors,
regarding any mind-blowing-fun projects
or just a lager.

I live in athens, greece.
Nikko Patrelakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Waiting too in NY

Hi, Nikko.
Spring is almost here in NY, Greek events (mistiria) are down due to sarakosti, (and not only) hopefully we'll pick up in April. My brain is here in NY, but my heart is in my home town Salonika. Unfortunately, only the brain can make money. How is the demand for HD in Athens?
Chris Basmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 04:52 PM   #3
New Boot

Hi Chris. Spring hasn't decided yet, if staying over here. Coming and going every second day. As a label, we are producing in HD, mostly 720p, and some full HD as well, then down scaling for use. HD is not up yet for broadcast in Greece, but it won't be long till it does. So I guess it is still an open market for HD producing. Maybe in a couple of years, this brain of yours would be able to make some money back home too, so your heart would find peace as well :)
Nikko Patrelakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Nikko!

What kind of music do you produce??

We are nearly neighbours! ;-DD
Xavier Plagaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 09:44 AM   #5
New Boot

Hey Xavier, I produce electronic music with a lot of classical instruments in the arrangements, with a sound moving from bossa-nova to ambient, and from orchestral cinematic themes to songs, to wherever the inspiration drives me..
I have done some music for a couple of features and for several plays as well.
you can listen to some samples at my space page, as my home page is under reconstruction.
:)
Nikko Patrelakis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood