What we do at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 26th, 2009, 12:32 AM   #1
Tourist

What we do

27 years ago my partner (in business and life) and I did a tree change before it was the thing to do. We left Sydney and settled in a rural centre in NW Victoria. We both had extensive experience in the visual field having studied and worked in photography and film in London and Sydney. Well here we are after all those years and we love working in the near ‘outback’ producing programs promoting agriculture & horticulture both at home and overseas, mining, OH&S, training, educational, TVCs, docos, tourism etc........
In the ‘good old days’ we used a huge camera connected by thick cable to a very heavy portapack using ¾ inch tape. Carrying this up hill in a National Park in temperatures of 40c was a killer. Then came the Betacam camcorder followed by SP Betacam......Glory, glory DV cameras came next, lightweight plus great vision. Our next big step came in the form of the lovely, beautiful and clever EX1. I’ve already posted comments on this wonderful piece of technology. Ok it’s a bit fiddly compared to a full size broadcast camera but it’s only a fraction of the price! I’ve sorted out the problem using the flip out LCD in bright sunlight (see post) . Using the small viewfinder is horrible.
Recently we’ve been filming a wine grape harvest at dusk and a almond harvest showing all the high tech mechanisation in bright overhead sun, the EX1 produced great vision in both situations.
Graham
Graham Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Downie View Post
In the ‘good old days’ we used a huge camera connected by thick cable to a very heavy portapack using ¾ inch tape.
Hah. Been there, done that! In my case it was a Panasonic 200CLE going to a Sony BVU-110. The cable was only six feet long, too short for an assistant to carry unless they were huddled right up next to you. Central Texas summers may or may not have been as warm as Australia, but I was glad to get shed of that rig when Hi-8 came along! Ah, memories... long live analog. Welcome aboard,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood