DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello From Denver (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/1484-hello-denver.html)

ronluc8667 April 3rd, 2002 01:42 PM

Hello From Denver

Hi everyone. I've posted here a few times and now am saying hi for the first time - Hi!

I'm a beginner in the whole video thing with a startup business in Wedding Videos with my fiance. We use 2 - XL1s cameras and Vegas Video 3.0 for editing. So far so good. Hope to be making money soon. We've done 4 free weddings for experience and samples. Our web site is at www.movingmoments.com if anyone is interested in our work. Again, we are new so don't laugh to much. (hehe)

Many thanks to everyone here who has helped us out with questions so far.

Glad to be here with you all...

Take care,
Ron

Ken Tanaka April 3rd, 2002 01:50 PM

Welcome Ron!

Nice informational site. If I wasn't already married I'd come out your way to get hitched!

Rob Lohman April 4th, 2002 01:53 AM

Welcome aboard Ron! While looking a bit around your site
I saw a little typo (hehe) on the homepage:

" because is will always be "
shouldn't this be 'it' instead of 'is' ?

Good luck with your new business!

Adrian Douglas April 4th, 2002 05:23 AM

Rob Lohman, above and beyond, and English isn't even his first language.

ronluc8667 April 4th, 2002 07:54 AM

Thanks Rob! After I think I've got the last mistake figured out, someone finds another... I'm glad you took the time to read the page. I appreciate it very much.

Take care,
Ron

wefdenver August 9th, 2002 12:43 PM

Hey, Ron

Ron,

I hope the wedding video business has worked out for you.

I live in Highlands Ranch and own an XL1 (both lenses). I could use more opportunities to gain experience with it so if you want someone to capture some "atmosphere" I'd be glad to shoot some for you. Free ofcourse.

By atmosphere, I mean clandestinely shooting the guests during the ceremony, shooting from outside into the church, whatever may add that "uniqueness" to your product.

Whether or not you decide to take me up on this, and I fully realiize that this is your lively hood, I hope it continues to go well for you.

Walter

By the way, what wireless mic system did you finally go with? I've been having a hard time finding one I can decide on. There are so many!

ronluc8667 August 11th, 2002 04:39 PM

Hi Walter.

Thanks for the introduction. As of now, Adrienne (my fiance) and I have so much footage to edit through after a wedding, I'd hate to have to sort through footage of a 3rd camera. :-)

But I appreciate you asking and will keep you in mind if a need comes up. Maybe you could send me your contact information to weddings@movingmoments.com

As for the wireless mics, I had a tight budget and wanted to get four wireless mics, so I went with the Samson brand. I think the Micro One series where each mic was locked to a single channel. I got them for around $340 each. They are UHF and have worked great so far.

Take care,
Ron