DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Moving to Port Townsend, WA (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/15074-moving-port-townsend-wa.html)

Chris Korrow September 28th, 2003 12:36 AM

Moving to Port Townsend, WA

Any one in the area working with and XL1s?

Rob Lohman October 5th, 2003 08:39 PM

I can't remember seeing anyone from that area... Or I'm getting
too old

Chris Korrow October 6th, 2003 03:43 PM

I don't either, but with 5600 members you'd think there'd be someone out there. Chris

Rob Wilson October 6th, 2003 05:52 PM

Chris,

Don't live there but have visited on a number of occaisions. Beautiful place when the sun is out. Lot's of outdoor activities nearby (I mountain bike there). Ferry access across the sound. Have FUN!

Ryan Morris October 9th, 2003 05:08 PM

Hey Port Townsend hows it going? Based here in Tacoma, it's really just a stones throw out there to P.T. for me. What have you got going? Made any contacts elsewhere? What has your experience been so far in the digital world. If you are planning to be out this way drop me an email, we could meet for a cup of java at the Java Jive.
Ryan
ske1138@hotmail.com

Chris Korrow October 12th, 2003 07:56 AM

Hey Ryan, I'm not there yet, waiting for our farm to sell, hope to be there in a few months.

I'm mostly working on social commentary docs though with less structure (more like koyaanisqatsi) and have a screenplay I'd like to work on at some point. I do allot of still work and have quite a bit of lighting experience from that.

I wont have anything in the near future to collaborate on but it would be great to keep in touch in case something turns up on either end.

What are you working with? I've got and XL1s & FCP4.

Peace, Chris

Ryan Morris October 12th, 2003 12:04 PM

Hey Chris,
I'm just getting back into the DV world, so I've been using the same "student" setup that I've had for a few years, TRV-10 for mostly motorsport and the occasional wedding with a SPK-DVF2 housing that I use when I shoot snowboard, fishing and snorkel footage. It's been a great compact setup, but I'm ready to upgrade here within the next few weeks and depending on the funding that I'm getting together it will be a VX2000, PDX-10, DVC-80 or DVX-100. I'd go with a XL-1s but it's just a bit too big for what I am used to. My obvious choice, money no problem, would be the DVX, but we'll just have to see how much paper I can line up. Any personal input form your experinces? Also, I'm not really looking for collaborative work really, just some contacts to bounce ideas off of over the occasional coffeeshop screening. As you can see there's not a whole lot of active, DV people in the area, most are either too busy with their own indie film projects, worried that you will steal their ideas or are to pre-occupied with the almighty dollar. Anyhow, keep posting as you get closer to moving up to this area. Oh, and one other question, what made you choose Port Townsend? Great area, just wondering.
L8R
Ryan

Nathan Proudfoot November 17th, 2003 04:04 PM

Hello, Chris Korrow

I do know of some one using a XL-1 In Port Townsend. She is currently working on many Documentrys and personal Videos. If you would like to contact her I give you her Website.

I am currently a newbie and located in Vermont for College, but Home town is Edmonds.
Nathan