Moving to Port Townsend, WA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old September 28th, 2003, 12:36 AM   #1
Major Player

Moving to Port Townsend, WA

Any one in the area working with and XL1s?
Chris Korrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2003, 08:39 PM   #2
RED Code Chef

I can't remember seeing anyone from that area... Or I'm getting
too old

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2003, 03:43 PM   #3
Major Player

I don't either, but with 5600 members you'd think there'd be someone out there. Chris
Old October 6th, 2003, 05:52 PM   #4
Major Player

Chris,

Don't live there but have visited on a number of occaisions. Beautiful place when the sun is out. Lot's of outdoor activities nearby (I mountain bike there). Ferry access across the sound. Have FUN!
Rob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2003, 05:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hey Port Townsend hows it going? Based here in Tacoma, it's really just a stones throw out there to P.T. for me. What have you got going? Made any contacts elsewhere? What has your experience been so far in the digital world. If you are planning to be out this way drop me an email, we could meet for a cup of java at the Java Jive.
Ryan
ske1138@hotmail.com
Ryan Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2003, 07:56 AM   #6
Major Player

Hey Ryan, I'm not there yet, waiting for our farm to sell, hope to be there in a few months.

I'm mostly working on social commentary docs though with less structure (more like koyaanisqatsi) and have a screenplay I'd like to work on at some point. I do allot of still work and have quite a bit of lighting experience from that.

I wont have anything in the near future to collaborate on but it would be great to keep in touch in case something turns up on either end.

What are you working with? I've got and XL1s & FCP4.

Peace, Chris
Old October 12th, 2003, 12:04 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hey Chris,
I'm just getting back into the DV world, so I've been using the same "student" setup that I've had for a few years, TRV-10 for mostly motorsport and the occasional wedding with a SPK-DVF2 housing that I use when I shoot snowboard, fishing and snorkel footage. It's been a great compact setup, but I'm ready to upgrade here within the next few weeks and depending on the funding that I'm getting together it will be a VX2000, PDX-10, DVC-80 or DVX-100. I'd go with a XL-1s but it's just a bit too big for what I am used to. My obvious choice, money no problem, would be the DVX, but we'll just have to see how much paper I can line up. Any personal input form your experinces? Also, I'm not really looking for collaborative work really, just some contacts to bounce ideas off of over the occasional coffeeshop screening. As you can see there's not a whole lot of active, DV people in the area, most are either too busy with their own indie film projects, worried that you will steal their ideas or are to pre-occupied with the almighty dollar. Anyhow, keep posting as you get closer to moving up to this area. Oh, and one other question, what made you choose Port Townsend? Great area, just wondering.
L8R
Ryan
Ryan Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2003, 04:04 PM   #8
Tourist

Hello, Chris Korrow

I do know of some one using a XL-1 In Port Townsend. She is currently working on many Documentrys and personal Videos. If you would like to contact her I give you her Website.

I am currently a newbie and located in Vermont for College, but Home town is Edmonds.
Nathan
Nathan Proudfoot is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood