Washingtonians unite! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 9th, 2003, 05:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Washingtonians unite!

Anybody out there in Pierce County or the Tacoma/Olympia area? I'm getting back into the digital world and looking to make some local contacts for skate, snow, music, or indie film projects. Anybody interested? Let me know, I've got a lot to bring to the table.
Ryan
Ryan Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2003, 01:39 PM   #2
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Ryan. I'm sure some people from your area
will chime in, shortly.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2003, 05:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm just outside of Portland, OR.

I have a TRV-900, but I'm drooling over the DVX-100.
Bruce A. Christenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2003, 12:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Bruce,
What kind of stuff are you doing down in Forest Grove? I'm just getting back in on a more professional basis, so I'm trying to make some independent contacts. It would be nice to have some people for critical review and input every once and a while. I've been mostly doing the occasional wedding, promo reels, fishing, some snorkel stuff, with my desire being to do more motorsport and an indie film in the future. What's up with you?
Peace,
Ryan
Ryan Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2003, 01:19 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hey there -

My friends and I are making a series of short indie films. We figure if we make a bunch of really crappy shorts, maybe someday we can try to make a not so crappy feature.

We've finished one of them, details on that and more are at my website.

We're almost done with shooting on the second one. There are some screencaps on my site. The lead actor in this one actually has some acting experience.

The guy I work with, JR, is working on his own short screenplay, and I'm working on another. We're thinking we might get 2 shorts completed next year, if all goes well.

In the meantime, I use my camera to film dog agility trials - typically in Vancouver or Canby or Corvallis (one of my dogs is a dog agility superstar (sort of)).

I've filmed a commercial for the Outdoor channel, trying to get that finished up right now. The clients are telling me about another guy who has a product he may want to do a commercial for, and how the channel might give them a 30 minute spot for their own series. Not sure I'd be into going around shooting their show for them, though. Maybe just editing.

I've filmed one wedding for a co-worker, but I'm not actively looking for wedding gigs.

Cheers
[bac]
Bruce A. Christenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 03:45 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Hey Ryan,

I'm currently located just up north from you in Seattle. Just graduated for college and I'm about to start looking for a videography job around here. Been having fun this summer working on a homebuilt steady cam, it's coming along pretty good but I still need practice with it!

Cheers,
Huey
Brian Huey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood