DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from Williamsburg VA (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/163846-hello-williamsburg-va.html)

Greg Hudson April 5th, 2009 03:12 PM

Hello from Williamsburg VA

We have been in the video business now since 1985. We are currently in Williamsburg VA.
We shoot with Canon XL-H1, XL-2 or in the past a Sony Beta Cam (Still a good camera). We edit with Adobe Premiere Pro or Velocity Q. We have a 16ft jib and 2 light sets with soft boxes. For audio we have 4 wireless lavs 1 wireless handheld, a 4 channel field mixer, and boom mic and pole. We are currently in the beginning stages of a new venture doing virtual video tours of homes for sale.

My wife has a Master in TV production and prior to having her own production company she was a director for Disney. While in Florida I worked as a studio manager at Disney MGM Studios.

We have also written and produced several stage productions, design and install stage lighting and have done some pyro.

I would enjoy meeting other videographers in our area. Especially those who shoot with the xl-h1.

Bradley Ouellette April 5th, 2009 03:18 PM

Those are some nice credentials! Do you have a website to your company or anything?

Greg Hudson April 6th, 2009 03:38 PM

We had a web site for our parent company "Majestic Entertainment Group" but took it down after some drawn out issues with the web site design firm. We do have a site for our new venture. It is Real Estate Theater. We are having some difficulty getting the video clips up like we want them, so we are only showing 1 demo at this time to get opinions on the problem. Look at the video called "Graywalls". Any thoughts? Let me know what you think about the site. Is it easy to understand and use? Thanks, Greg.

Bradley Ouellette April 6th, 2009 04:15 PM

Well my bags are packed and I'm ready to move in. The 9" tv ain't to shabby.

Truly amazing though, love the panning done. And in the shot where your in the library doing the final pan, I think I can see your reflection in the window, but I love those quirky things. I might be wrong though.

A++ work in my opinion.

Jeff Kellam May 18th, 2009 03:09 PM

Greg:

Hello from Virginia Beach.

What a good looking and well executed web-site. Nice concept execution, I hope it sells in our depressed real estate market. I couldn't get any video to play, but probably just a glitch.

My videographer friend Eric in Williamsburg shoots with a H1, I will have to tell him he is not the only H1 shooter in Williamsburg. Im currently shooting with HMC-150s after switching from the XH-A1 cameras last year. I have a couple of G2 wireless systems and am in the process of building my sound kit. Im editing on the Sony Vegas Pro platform.

If you ever need any help with a shoot, I would be happy to assist if I can (gratis), as I am always looking for additional training for myself from the experts. I currently shoot events and a few weddings.

Jeff

Jeff Paris May 18th, 2009 06:51 PM

Good evening, folks. New to this site but I do have a question. I'm currently shooting on the Panasonic HVX-200 and editing on Adobe Premiere Pro. There lies the question, can Premiere Pro 1.5 handle P2? Up til about 2 months ago I had a reg. gig as a shooter/editor for a production co. as well as producing my own stuff. I've been doing that since '89. The stuff produced for the other company was shot on P2 and editied on final cut, my stuff on mini-dv and editied on Premiere Pro. My stuff had always been long-form in nature: theatrical productions, symphony concerts, lots of sporting events. P2 was not really an issues as I did multi-cam mini DV. The stuff for the production co was commercial spots and edited on final cut. Well the economy got the better of them and they cut lose all the producers. That has actually turned out to be the best thing that has ever happened to me (except of course for my wife and kids in case she's reading this). but now that my workload has dramatically increased on the commercial side of things it's obvious I need to start utilizing the P2 capabilities more. So, again, can Premiere Pro 1.5 do P2 or do I need the upgrade?

Jeff Kellam May 19th, 2009 07:08 AM

Jeff:

Welcome to the DVinfo forum!

Good luck on being out on your own. I hope to do that some day in the future.

My HMC-150 uses SDHC memory and Im on Sony Vegas, so Im no help. You need to try your P2 question in the Panasonic P2 area. Im sure you will get the answer there. The DVXuser.com site is also a wealth of Panasonic camera/editing system information.