Hello Everyone! new guy here... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 16th, 2003, 09:12 PM   #1
Tourist

Hello Everyone! new guy here...

Hi everyone i just thought i would say hello to everyone before i just started jumping into people's conversations with my own 2 cents. (not that it is even worth 2 cents)....
I am from Ann Arbor, i am a student, age 26. I have been into video production for a long time, but i never owned a good camera. Yeah i've had hi8 and even older, sicker things like full size VHS but i never even considered doing any production work back then with that gear. I did go to a high school with a TV studio and we could take classes on production, so i guess that is where i got my start in video, and it was using Sony DXC cameras and 3/4 decks. Also there might have been a video toaster tossed into the mix somewhere. But we never had Dynamic Tracking on our edit decks, so i was limited to real time speed, and i am a sucker for speed changes.
Anyway, i am currently forming a video production company called Switchdigital with my friend Mike. We both use vx2000's and we also have access to a dvx-100 and an XL-1s. I am doing my post work on a dual 1Ghz G4 tower with FCP3 and After Effects 6. I also have a TDM Pro Tools system for audio post production and music creation (i am a lifelong drummer/keyboardist).
I should also mention that i am a certified audio recording engineer, i went to the Recording Institute of Detroit from 1998 to 2000. If anyone on this board ever needs help working on or setting up Pro Tools systems for the mac, i am pretty knowledgeable. Or if there are other audio engineers on this board, mabye i could learn something from you!
Once again, hello everyone!! I hope i can be of service to the people of this board and i am apologizing right now for the intensive questioning that i am famous for...lol
Old November 24th, 2003, 07:39 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Ryan! Good to have you with us. A good friend
of mine has also done a similar track for audio engineer @ the
SAE here in The Netherlands.

We have a special audio forum, so do check it out! Perhaps you
can help with some of the questions there, that would be great.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood