Best Regards from Norway!!!!! - (NB! Attention - 5 x exclamation marks) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 27th, 2002, 04:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Best Regards from Norway!!!!! - (NB! Attention - 5 x exclamation marks)

Hi, everybody!

Please forgive me if I seem to be a little desperat in my subject line, but as you can see I am from Norway up in the cold north. Now you are probably thinking: "Well, so what!?"

Think about it. We are 4.5 million (billion - in american - right?) norwegians scattered around in a very long country, of course we are used to shout out loud to get attention. OKAY....., I admitt that I read the thread about exclamations should give me more replies.

Well, let's get to the subject. I understand that it is good behaviour in this community to introduce our self properly, so here I am - trying to give You a good impression.

I am not a proffesional (not at all!) - when we talk about video-shooting or editing - allthough I often wish I was. I started out many years ago with photographing as a hobby. Later on I tried out some filming with a 8mm filmcamera, then videofilming with the huge old cameras with external viderecorders, so these Hi8 camcorders. The recent years I have played around with different kinds of mini-DV cameras, and finally these days I have got my self an XL1s. Allthough it's brand new, so I haven't got the chance to shoot so much, I am allready very impressed by the great pictures. Shooting DV of birds, animals etc. in the beautiful norwegian nature is one of my favourites by the way.

When it comes to computers, I have worked with them since back in 1983. First just as a hobby, but later also in my profession. I have allways liked to be creative and I soon understood how computers could help me in different ways, and not at least with video editing in the last years. I have tried a lot of NLE-systems from the most simple ones to Avid DV 3.0. But I am now using Matrox RT2500 with Adobe Premiere 6.0. On another system I am trying out Vegas Video 3.0 (A superb NLE by the way, for a very nice price).

OK, to all of you who still reads this (and doesn't sleep by now), I will probably come back to this community over and over again. You all seems to me very fine people, sharing the same passion about DV and doing the best to help each other with tips and advises. I have read many of the threads and learnt a lot allready.

Thanks!

(Please forgive me my english, I read a lot in english but I do'nt write it so often).

Best Regards
Ivan Hedley Enger
Ivan Hedley Enger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2002, 05:15 PM   #2
Major Player

Welcome aboard! I used to live in Fairbanks, Alaska, which was about the same as living outside the USA in the frozen north. (Long winters, not many people.) Summers were beautiful, though, as I'm sure yours are.

Keep us posted on your discoveries,
Old April 27th, 2002, 07:43 PM   #3
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Ivan! Sounds like you've got enough
interesting things to shoot with your new cam! Better!
See you around here!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2002, 10:20 PM   #4
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Ahhhh...Norvege!

Ivan...in my opinion, you live in paradise! Way back in '85 I was a student exchange worker for five months in Ringoy, just a few kilometers from Kinsarvik on the Hardangerfjorden. Ringoy consisted of only a handful of farm houses perched on the steep banks of the snow-capped mountains plunging down to the aqua "glow" of the melted glacier water in the fjord.

The entire village invited student workers from around the world...about 12 students in all...to work on the farms. We picked fruit and even went on a Norwegian cattle drive...practically straight up...as we drove the cattle from fjord level up 2,000 meters to the summer grazing pastures.

Mostly though, we just had fun. The work days were short, the days themselves long (midnight sun), and on the weekends we traveled all over the place. Most nights were spent keeping warm around a fire on the banks of the fjord...just shooting the breeze with the other students...but in about a half dozen languages.

So, I know what I'm talking about when I say you have no shortage of material to shoot. If you post anything on the web, I'd love to see it!

Tusen takk for joining the community. We'll see you on the boards.

P.S. Hey Rob...we've crossed paths many a time on the boards but I never mentioned that I also spent some time in the Netherlands...and you also have a visual banquet there. Let me know if you ever post any footage on the web.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood