Jacksonville, Fl at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 17th, 2003, 01:51 PM   #1
New Boot

Jacksonville, Fl

Hello Everyone,

I am a 24 year old that has studied film earnestly for about 10 years and started making them myself two years ago.

Up until the time I started directing I was interested in content, storytelling devices, style and followed the various movements in film history.

Films that interest me most come from studies into human psychology (quay bros., a. resnais, m. haneke) and behavior (new wave films, i. bergman, a. tarkovsky, g. noe, Dogma 95 films).

Aside from film, I am very interested in f. kafka and p. celan's writings, as well as, paintings from o. redon, e. munch and e. hopper.

On a technical note, I use Premiere 6 and I am attempting to use After Effects. Special thanks to people like the DVi community, DVD and bravo-type programming; I continue to excel in my technical capacity 1000x faster than if I were attempting the same thing, somewhere in the 80s.

If anyone is interested in similar themes in film locally (or otherwise), please let me know, I would love to chat or collaborate sometime :)
Old December 23rd, 2003, 10:03 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Seth! You've surrounded yourself with a rich
world to study. Good luck with your projects!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood