DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Howdy 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/1996-howdy-2006-a.html)

Ramon Brown July 26th, 2006 11:56 AM

Hello to all from Costa Mesa, CA

I have always been reading these forums and others as well, and I think this is by far the most popular and my favorite. With so many people learning from each other and asking questions EVERYDAY on so many subjects, why not be a registered user and avid reader, right. So I finally signed up today and am happy to do so.

I work at a communication company called SoftMirage and also with the joint company SM Sold that does 3D conceptual renderings and videos, websites, and video/DVD production. I obviously only do the latter part and work with luxury real estate clients, land developers, and misc. clients, and produce luxury property videos, land development videos, sales/promotional videos and also our podcast. The corporate videos that I produce and sometimes replicate are usually a mixture of HDV video and photos with animated text and/or graphics. I operate the HDV Sony Z1-U camera, we rent a 0.6x wide-angle lens and occasionally a MicroDolly Jib, and I use the programs Sony Vegas 6, DVD Architect 3, Adobe Premiere 2, After Effects 7, Audition 2, Encore DVD 2, Photoshop CS, and Illustrator CS.

I will be posting away now and offering my advice as well. One question though, when I reply to a post or start a post, I can't seem to add any attachments. Can someone let me know how to do that? Thanks.

Ramon

Rob Lohman July 26th, 2006 12:45 PM

Hi Ramon, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Toby Engel July 27th, 2006 10:17 AM

Hello From Southwestern Wisconsin!

Hello, I have been registered to this forum for awhile now but I have never introduced myself. I am 17 years old and an aspiring filmmaker/videographer. I own and shoot with a DVX100A which I purchased with hard earned farm work funds( I live on a farm, anyone need a location?) Anyone else from my neck of the woods? Thanks to everyone for sharing their wealth of knowledge on this with novices such as myself. Hope everyones summer is awesome!!!

Rob Lohman July 27th, 2006 12:01 PM

Hi Toby, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Jeffrey J Faulkner July 30th, 2006 06:36 PM

Hi, I'm new in the neighborhood

Could someone let me borrow a cup of sugar?

All seriousness aside, I have lurked on this site for a while and really appreciate the advice given.

I work for state government, but have managed, in my spare time to have learned enough DV and FCP to produce a weekly local TV show on UPN in my area.

Now, in my waning years of day employment, pre gold watch day(in the next 18 months), my agency decided to go DV for digital content in training materials. Bottom line is, I get to have fun both day and night.

Again, thanks to all contributors for the wisdom. :-)

Rob Lohman July 31st, 2006 05:41 AM

Hi Jeffrey, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Jason Coblentz July 31st, 2006 12:12 PM

Hello Stephen. I live in Las Vegas NV, and am eventually looking to move away from here. Right now, the number one spot I would like to relocate to, is New Mexico. I have been looking at Santa Fe. I still don't know when this would happen, but I always am looking to network. I work with an hd100, and am wanting to make docs, music video's, and eventually indie films.

Stephen Hall July 31st, 2006 05:01 PM

Re: New Mexico filmmakers

Great, Jason.

There's a lot of activity both in Santa Fe and in Albuquerque.

You may want to check into NMIFA, at the link in the first post, and also join our meetup group, where we schedule events and do member notifications:

http://indiefilm.meetup.com/154/

Stephen H

Craig Syverson August 1st, 2006 01:12 PM

videogrunt Podcast Makes #1 on QuickTime Content Guide

Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that my video podcast, videogrunt, is now in the #1 slot in the QuickTime Content Guide. I'm the first independant podcaster to be in this promotion. Here's a link to the press release:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/8/prweb419090.htm

Thanks much,

Cole McDonald August 1st, 2006 05:08 PM

yay for you, I've been watching...good stuff...fun attitude.

Brett Erskine August 2nd, 2006 04:09 AM

I can be contacted at:

PremiereVisions@mail.com

Stephen A. Dolphin August 2nd, 2006 11:13 PM

New to the Video Game

Hello there, my name is Stephen and I am really new to the video game. I just purchased a Canon XL1 so I can jump right in and get really wet with the whole video thing. I am also looking for any help from anyone who is willing to share their wealth of experiance and knowledge with me.
I am in the music industry as a performer and my band is currently working on completed our 3rd Album. We want to shoot a reality based music video, hence my purchase, so I am looking to learn from everyone. I live in the Anaheim area close to the Block of Orange, and Disney.
You seem like the perfect person whoes brain I can possibly pick if you are willing to share?
Enough rambling, and if any one is interested please shout out and shoot me a message or IM me.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen A. Dolphin August 2nd, 2006 11:23 PM

Anahiem kid that is New to the Game!!

Hello out there my name is Stephen and I just purchased my very 1st DV camera. I purchased the Canon XL1 which I am very impressed with. I am a Network Engineer in the city of Costa Mesa, but I reside in the South Anaheim area. Close to the Block of Orange and Disney Land.
I am on this site looking for any knowledge I can obtain and all advice on how to pursue this line of work.
I am looking to enrole in some classes this semester at Santa Ana College in the fall, but nothing can beat the real life factor.

So.....please bear with my questions and thanks for accepting me into the fold.

Thanks,
Stephen
Canon XL1

Rob Lohman August 3rd, 2006 01:01 AM

Hi Stephen, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Stephen A. Dolphin August 3rd, 2006 04:58 PM

Invite

Thanks for the invite.