Howdy 2006 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 12th, 2006, 07:43 AM   #16
RED Code Chef

Hi Joshua and welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net! My appologies for such a late
welcome note. We're glad to have you aboard!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #17
RED Code Chef

Hi John and welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net! My appologies for such a late
welcome note. We're glad to have you aboard!

Old January 13th, 2006, 11:55 AM   #18
Regular Crew

The Brussels Kino-Kabaret will take place in March (11-18), during the Brussels fantasy, thriller & science fiction film festival. The Kabaret will have 3 screenings. The Brussels Kino gang are a cool bunch, so don't hesitate to try it out.

www.kinobelgique.org

info@kinobelgique.org
Old January 13th, 2006, 02:42 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Here is another Kino-Kabaret:

Matane, Qc (Canada)
August 5-11
This is the second edition of the Matane Kabaret. There will be 3 screenings. The organizers expect 40 director participants in addition to actors, technicians, musicians, etc. Some material will be provided by the festival(cameras, light kits, sound kits). It costs 20$ to participate, but considering that you will be fed and have a place to sleep, this is real cheap.

This one is worth it. Last year's Matane Kabaret was 2nd only to the Montreal event in scope.

To find out more:

www.kinomatane.org
kinomatane at gmail.com

or write me at
jeanfr at cae.ca
Old January 14th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Intern

Frank,
I am in Springfield and am looking for a new assistant. We have our first wedding starting next month and are pretty booked through Oct. I had 2 assistants and am down 1. Email me if you are interested in talking.

Thanks.

Brian
Brian Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Videographer from the Poconos

Hi everyone. My name is Nicholas Valentine and I am a videographer living in the Pocono Mountain area of Pennsylvania. I mainly do short films but my company is moving into the videography field (weddings, recitals, corporate vids and more). This site seems to be very informative and I look forward to making contacts with people on this site.
Nicholas Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 03:46 AM   #22
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net Nicholas, good to have you with us!

Old January 17th, 2006, 07:40 PM   #23
New Boot

Hello from Erich Ocean

Hi!

I got wind of this RED camera development over at HD for Indies. I know you've all been discussing this thing for the past month or so, and I wanted to let you know who I am and hopefully contribute to the success of RED.

I'm 28 years old and married with three boys (7, 3, & 2). I live in Kirkland, WA. I've been involved in video production and computers since I was a boy. I still remember using an old U-matic machine and a TRS-80. I currently sell Motion and FCP plug-ins on the side at www.ampede.com.

In 1995, I began attending Wheaton College (IL) where I directed my first short "film" after the original director dropped out with 3 weeks before the student film festival. At the time, I had taught myself how to edit on the school's shiny new Avid, and took on the task of getting the film made. 75 people worked on the project and we won almost every award and received a standing ovation. I knew then that filmmaking was what I wanted to do with my life.

I immediately looked into going to film school, but because I already had too many college credits (I’d been going to college since I was 15), I didn't meet the requirements to get in anywhere worthwhile--even though academically I could have gone to any school in the country. Looking back, I wished I’d tried harder.

Instead, I went to Full Sail in Florida, but after 6 months I hadn't learned anything new (besides how to run their shiny new Quantel <grin>), so I quit and began working for a local post-production company who had heard a speech I gave on making digital films and wanted me to help them get their film project off the ground. That was in 1997.

While at Wheaton, I began thinking about how to create a camera that I could hack together to create a film with. Some filmmakers don't mind shooting with video; others, like myself, are so visually-oriented that they can't bear the though of shooting with it. Anyway, I pursued a new camera design regularly during the following years. Hopefully, those years of work will be helpful in giving feedback on the development of RED.

There are already other companies with cameras that capture roughly the image that RED is supposed to capture, just at a higher price point. What I like about Jim and his vision for RED is that he shows a great deal of respect for the image being captured. Many people don’t understand the DoF issues and the need for better lens options, but Jim seems to get it. I think if he plays in this space enough, he’ll be able to develop something innovative that we didn’t even know we wanted before he started.
Old January 20th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #24
MPS Digital Studios

Welcome aboard! And you bring up a good point--I wonder how many companies (big and small) are shelling out $3000 a day for an Origin? That doesn't include the lenses, etc., just the camera and recorder.

heath
Old January 21st, 2006, 08:40 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Trav from West Virginia

I've been around these forums for a while, but never introduced myself.

I'm 18 years old and I'm a freshman in college. I'm majoring in graphic technology while I do my video work on the side. I just got my business liscence but I am yet to get a job with my busy schedule.

I'm from West Virginia and even though it gets a bad wrap by just about everyone, it's not that bad depending on what part of WV you are in.

Anyone else from WV?
Travis Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 09:00 AM   #26
Wrangler

Welcome to DVinfo Travis, glad you're finally stepping out of the shadows. Many years ago I lived and worked in Western Maryland, near Deep Creek Lake which is close to the West Virginia border. I spent some time exploring the mountains around there and thought it was a beautiful place, so don't apologize for living there!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Vista, California

I'm 20. I co-wrote and produced this film: www.treasureofthetemplars.com

I live in Vista, California (near Escondido) I work with a Canon XL2.

I have been cinematically minded since four. (my first camera was a waterbottle that my dad spray painted black)

I am working with my partner, Kenneth Gawne (Indy in Templars) on our next project... a Sergio Leone related western.

My mentor is Jonathan Lawrence (who might be a member of this board)

and... "that's all I have to say... about that"

Oh... and favorite film is "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"
Daniel Riser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #28
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net Daniel! Good to have you with us.

Old February 2nd, 2006, 12:57 AM   #29
Regular Crew

Hello from Kansas City

Hey All-

Although, I have posted a couple times already, this shall be my official, "what's up" post. I'm Alden and I live in Kansas City. I moved here from Madison, WI a little over a year ago. Since I've been here, I've met very few poeple from the film world in the area. I looking to change that. So I am calling out anyone and everyone within a 4 or so hour radius of Kansas City.

In Madison, I had plenty of people to work with, but no good access to equipment. Now, I have the equipment but no one to "play" with :(

Currently I have a midrange Sony MiniDV; basic light setup; couple mics; and a pretty good computer system (currently) with an Adobe Collection of Software.

At work, I have access to: Panasonic DVCPro Cameras; Professional Light Kits and Audio equipment; and a couple AVID systems, one being an Adrenaline.

I am willing to help out in any and all projects and looking for help on my upcoming ones...basicly looking to find a good group of filmmakers in the area to collaborate with.

Later
Alden
Alden Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 07:52 AM   #30
New Boot

nebraska person

try: www.nifp.org

that will take you the site of Nebraska Independent Film Projects.

if you drive fast, are we 4 hours away?
Tom Bouse is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood