Howdy 2006 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 2nd, 2006, 09:03 AM   #31
New Boot

I live about an hour north of KC and when i'm not spending time with my munchkins', I also enjoy a good cutting session. I have a little equipment, a GL-2 with some extras, Adobe's suite on Mac and PC, and I have a Pro Tools LE rig with mics and all the fixin's for audio recording (where most of my training is in). If you find yourself in need of a fellow a/v geek, give send me a note via email.
Jamie Rinehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Greetings From Las Vegas

Hello All,

Just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself. I am David Schmerin and I am the PDM for The Wrightwood Group, Inc. We are a Royalty Free Stock Footage agency located in Las Vegas, NV.

We produce stock footage in HD and SD and have been known on occasion to supply HD crews to various projects in exchange for footage rights.

Anyway, always love to hear feedback from real professionals so if anyone feels the desire to stop by one of our sites and over some feedback, love to hear it. If the feedback is negative, please at least try to be nice.

David Schmerin
PDM
The Wrightwood Group
http://www.wrightwood.com
http://www.GotFootage.com
http://www.GotHiDef.com
http://www.FootageHouseHD.com
hds@wrightwood.com
David Schmerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 12:36 AM   #33
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net David, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 10:52 PM   #34
Regular Crew

New member from México.

¡Hola a todos!

My name is Rodrigo Gil Medina, I was born 29 years ago in Torreón, Coahuila, México. I lived for a while in México city (not a great place to live in) and in Montreal (excellent place to live in) When in Montreal I started working as a translator for films and TV series, I'm responsible for a lot of DVD spanish subtiles from movies such as Brokeback Mountain to TV series like The Wire, The Sopranos, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, etc. I came back to Tórreón 2 years ago, and started a production company called ocho (eight) I had been working on video production since I had 18 years, doing commercials for "Lala", Méxican top brand of Milk and dairy products. With Ocho we've been doing a lot of CG work, you can check some examples on www.8cho.com.mx. I shoot mostly with a Canon XL1 (I'm looking forward to buying one of those new JVC HDV cameras), but when a job calls for it, we rent DVCPRO 50 equipment. I edit using Vegas, our main 3D application is Lightwave, and we rely on AFX for all our compositing and 2D animation work.

I'll do my best to become a more active member of this community from this day on.

Sincerely,
Rodrigo Gil
Old February 10th, 2006, 09:13 AM   #35
Wrangler

Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo Gil Medina
I'll do my best to become a more active member of this community from this day on.
You do that, Rodrigo! It's so nice to have you aboard.
Old February 10th, 2006, 03:55 PM   #36
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net Rodrigo, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #37
Major Player

Orange County, CA

Just thowing a little nod to the south of LA area. :)
Old February 14th, 2006, 03:35 PM   #38
Wrangler

Welcome Heath! I was at the Orange County Performing Arts Center last fall installing my Tosca scenery for Opera Pacific. Beautiful (though expensive) place to live! :-)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 06:52 AM   #39
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
Welcome Heath! I was at the Orange County Performing Arts Center last fall installing my Tosca scenery for Opera Pacific. Beautiful (though expensive) place to live! :-)
Hello.
Yes. Nice area, but you're right. Really expensive to be here. It was a culture shock when I moved here from AZ.

I'm currently saving up the 800k that I need to purchase my first 1 bedroom condo in one of the demilitarized zones of Orange County. Wish me luck. :)
Old February 21st, 2006, 11:36 AM   #40
Tourist

San Diego video nuts

Hey out there--
Are there any San Diego Ca. video enthusiasts out there ?
Brett Thomason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2006, 07:29 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Hello From The United Kingdom

Just thought I'd break the ice and say hi to all here, this is indeed an excellent forum.
I'm at the very early stages but I hope to be jumping on the event (mainly wedding) videography bandwagon within the next year or two. I'm currently saving every bit of cash available and reading..reading..reading everything I can from camera techniques and post production to marketing and cashflow. I'm determined to know my equipment (when I get it..arrggh) and techniques inside out before I touch anyone's wedding! I have heard of too many people who reckon they are going to start 'doing weddings' to make a bit of money on the side...certainly not the image this industry needs. Anyhow, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to ask you all between now and the 'launch date' as I'm now calling it!
Cheers ;)
Damian Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:36 AM   #42
Wrangler

Hi Damian!

It's so nice to have you aboard. I hope you get your hands on a camera really soon so you can do some shooting..shooting..shooting!

Welcome, have fun, and best wishes to you!
Old March 1st, 2006, 09:24 AM   #43
New Boot

Adrean, Rochester, NY, in the HOUSE!

Hey all,

I'm a senior in Film and Animation in RIT, ny and will be graduating this may of 2006. (Nodding in realization). Yep, It's time for me to go out there and face reality. The problem is I dont know what the hell i'm going to do after that. I've been applying for a bunch of jobs in my area and they all rejected me. Maybe because I'm deaf, I don't know, but I hope that's not the reason. I'm using bilateral cochlear implants so i can hear pretty good, so what's the problem? Still, I'm not giving up until I find a job. I have a fiancee to take care of. I hope to be a part of the film crew in the future because that's what i love to do. On top of it, i applied to some of the top graduate film programs in the east like Chicago, NYC, and boston.

Relating to applying for jobs in film/video productions, what would you do? Based on your skill as a filmmaker, you know all there is to know like editing, camera operating skill, gaffer, grip, production assisstant, director, and DP. I'm talking you know all of it but the problem is you learned it in college experience, not work experience or maybe a little of it. What would you do?

Thanks
Adrean
Adrean Mangiardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 09:34 AM   #44
Major Player

Experience required

Perhaps the model is different in your area but up here, many get their start at local cable companies. PBS?

The techniques will prep you for production work that might eventually land you into the world of film/video work.
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:05 AM   #45
Regular Crew

New here- looks like the place to say "Hi!"

Hello,

Seems like its customary to introduce yourself here, so...

I live in the mountains between San Jose, San Francisco and the ocean and make my living doing a variety of things. My steady income is from healing sick computers. My secondary income is from audio engineering, maintaining a small recording studio at work and running my own. I produce my own music and have a CD out, done soundtrack work for a couple projects, and some audio post production for small projects.

I also really enjoy video production and just scored a 3 week job video documenting some conferences... in Hawaii. How could I pass that one up?! So I dug out the ol' vx1000 and TRV9, & bought another vx1000 because I'm worried the old one will die and want a backup. If I impress my client this time around there will be more work...

So a bit of web searching for tapeless capture ideas on the cheap lead me here. So did low end (but *useable*) tripod research. Didn't take long to realize this is a good place to hang out and listen. So...

Glad to be aboard! :)

Take care,
Chris
Chris Shaeffer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood