DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Howdy 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/1996-howdy-2006-a.html)

Rob Lohman April 22nd, 2006 10:43 AM

Hi Christopher, welcome aboard H(DV) Info Net, good to have you with us!

Joshua Miller April 23rd, 2006 12:08 PM

Hi Everyone

Hello from California. My name is Josh Miller. I am 30 years old and have wanted to make films since I was a kid. I got a PXL 2000 for Christmas in 1988 and always wanted a REAL camera. I have taught video editing on Avid Media 100 systems in 1999 and I'm just FINALLY diving into Adobe Premiere Pro. I joined in February and I have found this place SUCH a wealth of information already. It's difficult to take it all in at once. I have yet to purchase a camera, but I am strongly considering a Canon XL2. I'll eventually run across the classifieds section here and see if I can pick one up. After that I am going to hopefully upgrade repeatedly for the rest of my life until I am shooting on something that hopefully resembles a real film camera in the digital domain. I have been an actor in the past, working on various projects. From a show on the sci fi channel, Tostitos commercials for the superbowl, and low budget indy films, I have always wanted to be in he director seat to see what my own talents are capeable of. It wasnt until this day and age that making films on a budget was even feasible. Finally technology puts film making in the hands of the public. Im excited about the future.

Josh

Boyd Ostroff April 23rd, 2006 03:13 PM

Hey Joshua... welcome to DVinfo! Will look forward to reading about your quest for the perfect camera.

Rebecca Williams April 24th, 2006 10:23 AM

Hello from Lubbock, TX

Hello y'all, I just wanted to introduce myself here.

My goals include starting a wedding videography business this summer and to start creating short films with a few of my friends that are great at script writing and acting. The only holdup so far is actually setting aside the time for our little projects... but I guess that this is a common complaint.

Currently, I am shooting with a Canon GL2 and XL1s and edit with Avid Xpress DV at home and Xpress Pro at my day job.

Well anyways...enough rambling for now.

-Becca

Rob Lohman April 24th, 2006 06:45 PM

Hi Rebecca, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Benjamin Boer April 26th, 2006 11:00 AM

I'm a film student in South Africa!

Hi everyone, I'm at UCT in South Africa studying film & Media.
I'm here to learn from all the masterrs of the industry...and because someone told me G. Lucas was here. :)

A group of us at school decided to do a short. There are many things we still need to learn but we are excited and eager to learn from those who went through the fire before us.

Cheers
Benjamiin
Zuid Afrika

Emre Safak April 26th, 2006 01:48 PM

Welcome and enjoy your stay. The archives will keep you busy for a long time.

Rob Lohman April 26th, 2006 02:52 PM

Hi Benjamin, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Dave Herring May 1st, 2006 08:29 PM

Just spotted your post, e-mail me if you still need help.

Derrick A.Jones May 8th, 2006 10:53 AM

Dave i just emailed up ok

Kris Kelley May 8th, 2006 05:58 PM

Hello from Baton Rouge

I am a shooter/editor here in good old Baton Rouge, LA. We just got an HVX, I had my first shoot today, what a dream! I haven't been this excited about video since I was in college! Anybody else on here from South Louisiana?

Lorinda Norton May 8th, 2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Kelley
Anybody else on here from South Louisiana?

Not me! But I wanted to welcome you, Kris. Your enthusiasm is contagious!

Congratulations on your shoot--the first of many, I hope. :)

Rob Lohman May 9th, 2006 02:36 AM

Hi Kris, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Rey Lin May 12th, 2006 08:19 AM

Howdy,

I like the policy stating that the only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked.

I always say to myself: the dirtiest, ugliest, and most unorganize piece of story board is the white blank page itself.

I live in Long Island and work in midtown.

Johnny Martinez May 12th, 2006 09:40 PM

I am back now in Tunica, Ms

Hello everyone I am back had to transfer from Harrah's New Orleans to the Hourseshoe in Tunica. What a shock not only in the city but also in the job. I now have a 3 camera system with a switcher and 2 16 foot screens on each side of the stage and a 25 ft and 16 ft on stage with front and rear projectors. I am loving life now. Just got the system in and we are having some problems getting the equipment to work like it should and getting the colors adjusted. Glad to be back around and if anyone is in the Tunica/ Memphis area give me a email. Johnny