Howdy 2006 - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 11th, 2006, 10:02 PM   #121
New Boot

my website: http://www.hirethisguy.com
Bin Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #122
New Boot

hi! having a dabble!

I suppose spending almost 6 grand on a camera and tripod is getting serious! But I'm still dabbling! Filming anything that I get asked to from weddings to conferences and coporate vids. Biggest so far being a £30 million pitch for a water company 3 years ago - won the pitch for them...heh..heh!

And guess what? It's back up for pitch at the end of this year!

Anyways...off for a dabble!

PS. No copywrite in that phrase as far as I know.
Brian Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #123
New Boot

Yippy Kai Yay! Montana!

Hello, I've been reading in on as much as I can and I finally thought to introduce myself. I just graduated from college with a degree in Biology from Lewis and Clark college and i'm trying to get into documentary film, there's a sweet masters program on science and natural history filmmaking at MSU bozeman (where i live coincidentally), so that's my current aspiration. i've been into video since highschool and recently upgraded to a panasonic ag-hvx200, which seems pretty sweet (if i only knew how to use it) thats about it.

oh, i'm running on:
Dual PPC 2.3 Ghz. G5, 2.5 Gigs RAM, 250 Gig interal, 150 Gig Firewire external, Panasonic AG-HVX200, 2 4GB P2 Cards, Cartoni Focus, iKam 7 inch monitor, and a Redrockmicro micro35 adapter...it's all kind of heavy.
Fletcher Kasmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #124
Regular Crew

Columbus Ohio question!

I saw Chris Barrow's post and thought I would try it myself. I have a different perspective though. I am in the medical field and know absolutely no one who does video either professionally or as a hobby. Anyone out there know of anyone in town here? Suggestions on organizations or places to meet other video enthusiasts? (Not that you all haven't been of great help!)

Thanks-

Leslie
Leslie Dopkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #125
Regular Crew

Independent filmmakers in New Mexico

Hi all,

I'm fascinated with the creative possibilities with all the new gear that's coming out. This stuff is within reach of the average guy, too.

My film background includes 16mm newsfilm 30-odd years ago as well as work in a 16mm post-production house, where I did color-timing and a bunch of other stuff. My interest is in contributing to dramatic films, but I'll certainly try to help someone else in my area who has his/her own vision and needs assistance.

I'd like to see interested contributors here in NM find a way to contact each other to work on indie projects, so begun organizing an alliance of filmmakers.

The New Mexico Independent Filmmakers Alliance: http://www.nmifa.org/

Hope to meet some other interested folks in the area, soon.

Cheers,

Stephen H
Stephen Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #126
Regular Crew

I'm in Dayton, about an hour away, but I seem to make frequent trips up to Cbus to visit friends. Not sure if that really helps you in any way but I'd be glad to come up for a meet and greet with a group of video nuts.
Jacob Ehrichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:28 PM   #127
Regular Crew

Hey Jacob,

That would be fun! Do you know any groups that are established around here? I am the only one in my group of friends that is interested in video, and it would be great to meet and learn from a bunch of people, plus see what they are doing.
Leslie Dopkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #128
RED Code Chef

Hi Fletcher, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:15 AM   #129
Regular Crew

I'm new... Oh boy!

Hey there everyone how is everyne doin'? Well let's see a little about me and my camera...

I'm Scott obviously... At the moment I got little DV HandyCam from Sony, which works fairly well... But I am considering getting a new camera now that I'm going to have two jobs... If you want to know more about me just ask, take care. :-D
Scott Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:54 AM   #130
Wrangler

Welcome to DVinfo Scott! Will look forward to hearing more about what you're up to.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2006, 04:02 PM   #131
Major Player

Need some help in Edmonton

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there are any people from Edmonton who know of any good electronics stores for video gear. I've tried the online yellow pages and Froogle and haven't been able to come up with anything.

I'm leaving tomorrow (Sunday) morning so if anyone could suggest something before then, that would be great.

Thanks!

-Mark
Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:25 AM   #132
Major Player

Bendigo (Aust) DV enthusiasts?

Hi there

Just wondering if any video enthusiasts from the Bendigo area in Oz are about?

Would be great to meet some loca people who might be interested in forming a small amateur movie making club, or might know of one already in existence.

I have a Panasonic GS400 and have been right into learning and practising all aspects movie making for the past couple of years. I have completed a 30 minute 'choice making' DVD aimed at primary school aged children, plus a couple of pretty rough short flicks, clips etc. I am currently in the midst of getting a short movie project I have written into action. I have a home built 35mm DOF adapter based on the agus35 which is capable of capturing some great film look video and have quite a good audio/light set up.

Have learnt so much from 'the net' via websites like this one and the Pana3ccd forums. Would be great to get to know some people around here to help each other out on various projects etc

Soooo if you're out there and you can help or are interested be great to hear from you

cheers

Jamie Roberts
Jamie Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 10:14 AM   #133
Trustee

Scott:

Welcome. I also have a Sony DCR TRV20 Handycam. Nice little camera that takes great pictures. I did my first three weddings with that camera. Now I use it as a deck. Anything you ever wanted to know about video and film production is here. You've come to the right place. Grab a beer in the fridge and join us out back.

Boyd: Where in Mays Landing are you?
Old July 3rd, 2006, 04:51 PM   #134
Tourist

Sanyo HD1 shooter in Tokyo--Jonathan

Hello, I'm Jonathan in Tokyo. I just got a Sanyo HD1 SD memory camera, and will be heading to Vietnam to shoot with it. Anyway, I joined the list to get a user's manual in Enlish.
Originally from Manchester, Iowa, USA--and my favorite camera is the Pentax K1000. I've dropped that thing in creeks, drop-kicked it, abused it in millions of ways, and it still takes respectable photos for what it is--the Chevy Citation of cameras.
Jonathan
Jonathan Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 01:52 AM   #135
RED Code Chef

Hi Jonathan, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood