Hi from Croatia! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 26th, 2004, 02:43 AM   #1
Tourist

Hi from Croatia!

Hi! I'm from Croatia and I work at local TV station. Two years ago we switched from BETACAM to DVCAM system,
and just recently I've found this web site. I must say that this is definitely one of the best DV sites around.
I work with DV footage in digital montage, mostly composing short commercial videos (few minutes in length) and
adding effects (and animation) in After Effects. Since this is small TV house (30-40 employees) I'm the only one
in post production department (working with video) and except montage & animation, my duty is also finalising
the products wich means I'm burning CD's, DVD's and doing all sorts of media conversion (BTW, I liked that
DVD hidden menu trick:)
OK, thats where&what I work. One of my hobbies is filmmaking. Until now I've made one short movie and I'm
writing script for the next one. I'm shooting with not-so-good hi8 camera but I believe that idea is more important
than quality in amateur filmmaking, especially when you're out of money ;)
Best regards to whole DV community & keep up the good work!
Goran Hanzek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2004, 03:46 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Welcome, Goran. Sounds like an interesting job. And just to let you know, we have a huge Croatian community centre here in Vancouver!
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2004, 02:57 AM   #3
Tourist

Yes, I've heard there are a lot of Croatian people in Canada (you can find out that kind of stuff usually around elections).
Goran Hanzek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2004, 03:00 AM   #4
Outer Circle

And, I also have several Croatian friends---heck, even my favourite bank teller is Croation and she teaches me a few words now and then. (I'm not going to repeat them here.) :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood