DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   new member with over 24 years experience in broadcast television (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/22480-new-member-over-24-years-experience-broadcast-television.html)

Vince Cuviello March 6th, 2004 11:52 AM

new member with over 24 years experience in broadcast television

I am available to discuss techniques used in live and pre-taped studio or remote productions

Terry Lyons March 6th, 2004 01:15 PM

Hi Vince, my purchaces hopefully within a couple months will include the xl2 and a computer to run with a matrox rtx 100 and adobe video collection pro. I am wanting to be able to make commercials, training videos and music videos. Does this combination seem ok to you?

Vince Cuviello March 6th, 2004 03:35 PM

Does this combination seem ok to you?

Yes Terry...that seems like a good combo, but what about lighting, grip and audio gear?

Frank Granovski March 6th, 2004 04:10 PM

Welcome, Vince! I'm sure your "know-how" will be well appreciated here.

Sincerely,
Frank - a skilled TV viewer for 45 years. :-))

Terry Lyons March 6th, 2004 07:01 PM

Yes, your right Vince, and how about experience. Some of that would be nice too. Im just starting but trying to make the best decisions in purchaces. I don't have any video lighting other than my Norman pro. studio stuff. For audio all I have is a couple mixers and mic's. And to be honest I don't really know what a grip does. About all I have at this point is desire. Any imput is appreciated. Thanks again Vince.............TL

Vince Cuviello March 8th, 2004 08:44 AM

my purchaces

terry... as far as the gear you are interrested in, did you mean the gl2, as far as i can tell the xl2 is not out yet. but just for the record a 3-chip camera is going to give you much better images than any single-chip camera, exact color reproduction is critical and the canon xls1 has 3, 1/3"chips, one for each of the primary colors, red, green, & blue which gives you the best ability to get true colors. all of the best broadcast quality cameras use 1/2" chips.

the computer system you need to run the matrox xt.100 is best speced out at the matrox site (system recomendations), the recommended system has the most power and will make the editing experience better for you and the clients. editing is where you make your videos come to life.

grip equipment is gear that you use to control light, try matthews to see what i am tlking about.

this is just a little bit of info...there is soo much more when you actually start shooting abd editing.

Terry Lyons March 8th, 2004 02:25 PM

Thanks again Vince, and yes I am waiting for the new xl1s I thought I read it might come out in April. Do you think 1/3" chips are OK compared to the 1/2". Thanks for your time. TL