new member with over 24 years experience in broadcast television at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 6th, 2004, 11:52 AM   #1
Tourist

new member with over 24 years experience in broadcast television

I am available to discuss techniques used in live and pre-taped studio or remote productions
Vince Cuviello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Vince, my purchaces hopefully within a couple months will include the xl2 and a computer to run with a matrox rtx 100 and adobe video collection pro. I am wanting to be able to make commercials, training videos and music videos. Does this combination seem ok to you?
Old March 6th, 2004, 03:35 PM   #3
Tourist

Does this combination seem ok to you?

Yes Terry...that seems like a good combo, but what about lighting, grip and audio gear?
Old March 6th, 2004, 04:10 PM   #4
Outer Circle

Welcome, Vince! I'm sure your "know-how" will be well appreciated here.

Sincerely,
Frank - a skilled TV viewer for 45 years. :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2004, 07:01 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes, your right Vince, and how about experience. Some of that would be nice too. Im just starting but trying to make the best decisions in purchaces. I don't have any video lighting other than my Norman pro. studio stuff. For audio all I have is a couple mixers and mic's. And to be honest I don't really know what a grip does. About all I have at this point is desire. Any imput is appreciated. Thanks again Vince.............TL
Old March 8th, 2004, 08:44 AM   #6
Tourist

my purchaces

terry... as far as the gear you are interrested in, did you mean the gl2, as far as i can tell the xl2 is not out yet. but just for the record a 3-chip camera is going to give you much better images than any single-chip camera, exact color reproduction is critical and the canon xls1 has 3, 1/3"chips, one for each of the primary colors, red, green, & blue which gives you the best ability to get true colors. all of the best broadcast quality cameras use 1/2" chips.

the computer system you need to run the matrox xt.100 is best speced out at the matrox site (system recomendations), the recommended system has the most power and will make the editing experience better for you and the clients. editing is where you make your videos come to life.

grip equipment is gear that you use to control light, try matthews to see what i am tlking about.

this is just a little bit of info...there is soo much more when you actually start shooting abd editing.
Old March 8th, 2004, 02:25 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks again Vince, and yes I am waiting for the new xl1s I thought I read it might come out in April. Do you think 1/3" chips are OK compared to the 1/2". Thanks for your time. TL

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood