Hello from Vancouver - Page 20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 9th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #286
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Ng
The merlin....worked great. definite learning curve to it.I can't imagine how you would balance your DVX on it after you fully load it. YOu'll need extra extra weights.
Hi Ronald,

I am interested in the Merlin. Where did you get it? I have a DVX100A and would like to try it out on a Merlin.

Paul
Paul Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:32 PM   #287
Major Player

sure, just email me at audio90@shaw.caNOSPAM and we'll see when we're free. Perhaps at the end of the week
Ronald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #288
New Boot

I'm from the Sunshine Coast, but I tell people Vancouver.
I'm currently just fooling around with the camera and trying to teach myself it's functions. I'll be going to school in Van come Sept.

Anyone heard anything about Pacific Audio Visual Institute in Vancouver? That's where I plan to go.
Matthew J Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #289
Major Player

after months i got to use the merlin with dvx and its pretty good, i still cant run with it but its smooth no doubt
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 06:57 PM   #290
Major Player

In Vancouver with the DVX200?

Hi there,

Out of curiosity, and perhaps to work on a project together, how many (i.e. who here) of you have the DVX200 and are in Vancouver?

Email me at audio90@shaw.caNOSPAM

Thanx
Old April 10th, 2006, 06:59 PM   #291
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnin Kondratiew
after months i got to use the merlin with dvx and its pretty good, i still cant run with it but its smooth no doubt
In case anyone is wondering, Saturnin can't run because he's a lazy ass. I heard he just ordered a special wheelchair so his production assistants can push him around.
Old April 10th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #292
Major Player

lol, imma gonna get u "sucka" heh
Old May 13th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #293
Regular Crew

Hey guys, just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been reading this board for a long time, but haven't contributed that much. Hopefully, that'll change soon.

I just graduated film school in Sydney, Australia, and I'm now back here freezing my ass off in Vancouver. I specialized in cinematography but in school, we got to try out pretty much all the production roles. Shot a couple of weddings down under - it's fun, but I don't think I'll make it a career thing.

I have some basic gear (HDV, sticks, shotgun mic, glidecam 2K) and would love to collaborate on some projects with any Vancouver DVinfo'er. Maybe we should get together for the next DVC challenge and bring the prize up here.

Hope to meet some of you in person soon.

Cheers
Eric Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:11 AM   #294
New Boot

Vancouva?

Yo yo... Right off of B-way and Main, myself... All hail indie film!
Donovan Cerminara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 05:32 PM   #295
Regular Crew

new member here

Hi all,

I'm the proud owner of a new (well, used actually) JVC HD100UA and an apsiring indie filmmaker.
I live in Vancouver proper.
Shooting a short film imminently (as soon as I can master this camera, oh yeah, and cast it).
I plan on shooting a feature, but that has some serious script polishing and pre-prod. work to be done.
Glad to know there's such a strong Vancouver community.
Any other HD100 owners around here?
Best,
James

Last edited by James Daniels; May 19th, 2006 at 08:49 PM.
James Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2006, 01:17 AM   #296
Trustee

Welcome James,

Congrats on your new to new Camera. There are some great HD100 people on here. I'm on the Island with an XLH1 after much consideration between the two cams. They're both great cams. I used to live over there in White Rock attended Vancouver Film School in early 90's and would take time off my regular job to work as a PA on commercials back then.

Good luck with your project.

BTW, Is Cineworks still around (indie filmmakers co-op)? I used to be a member. Course they were real snooty back then about REAL film vs tape.

Ken.
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:30 PM   #297
Air China Pilot

Vancouver Screenwriters meetup tonight

An informal networking, chat and get to know of local screenwriters tonight at Moxie's off Robson 7:30pm. Snack, drink, talk about where you want to take your writing, share tips, information and experience.

http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/vi...NFHXONFSEBXMIA
Old July 2nd, 2006, 05:58 PM   #298
Major Player

hey guys...my film is out
Hi guys, i have finally finished my first Motorcycle Stunt documentary, you can view the screenshots and trailer up on http://www.asphaltjunkiez.com

Also there will be a screening of the film on july 16th in a theater in the fraser valley area. If anyone is intereted in coming out and watching it
on the big screen, just msg me and i'll give you more info.
thanks

95% shot on DVX100a in 24p
edited in pro 1.5
after effects 6.5

contains commentary about shooting and editing also
Old July 9th, 2006, 08:33 AM   #299
Major Player

I was just in Vancouver a few days ago, on tour with my friends' band. I was going to post something here but I completely forgot. I was shooting with my Sony Z1. 9 hours of tape in 7 days!

They played at the Backstage Lounge on Thursday and are featured on CBC Radio 3 right now. Apparently they might get some play on Radio 2.

http://radio3.cbc.ca/blogs/2006/07/C...-Date#comments
Old July 16th, 2006, 10:19 AM   #300
Major Player

Streetbike STunt film Screening- July 23rd @ 1:30pm, Abbotsford BC.

hi guys, this is my first post. Just wanted to let everyone know that on july 23rd(sunday) @ 1:30pm, i will be screening my bike stunt film.
We will have stunt bikes on display at the theater, we will have prizes(helmets, apparel, dvds, etc). And a stunt demo outside of the theater.
Film will be shown in Abbotsford, BC at the GRAND Theater(right next to Safeway on south fraser way)
Tickets are 3 bux, this will be a huge event, bring everyone you can.

you can see the poster here
http://stonedlogic.com/adlerfloyd/bi...ster_email.jpg
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood