DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from Vancouver (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/2250-hello-vancouver.html)

Corey MacGregor March 8th, 2004 06:12 PM

I'm in east van

Ronald Lee March 8th, 2004 06:37 PM

Thats great there's so many of us. I should ask what it is that we do, if it is related to the videography industry.

Myself, I'm actually pursing feature films and TV, including documentaries, but will also be pursuing some video projects in the future. I'm about to get the PDX10.

Ron

David Stone March 11th, 2004 06:50 PM

Lighting kits

Could any one suggest a good local place to get a starter lighting kit?

Dylan Couper March 11th, 2004 07:32 PM

Buy or rent?

Rent: Lorne Lapham Sales and Rentals www.llsr.com

Buy? Hard to say. I got mine from LLSR, but seriously considerd some good deals on Ebay.

Saturnin Van March 16th, 2004 06:20 PM

van

yup..lower mainland here ......quite a few of us here from BC.. :D

Denny Lajeunesse March 19th, 2004 10:44 AM

Friend Of David Stone, Live in East Van near Commercial Drive.

Actually I have to move by May 1st. Looking for creative arts or indy film type people for roomates, so if you hear of anything, please let me know.

Maybe we should have a little DV-i vancouver meet for beers or coffee some time?

Denny

Keith Loh March 19th, 2004 10:59 AM

I'm into a drink up.

I went to the local Screenwriters Meetup and it was woefully bad. Not because the company was bad but ... there were only TWO OF US!

David Stone March 19th, 2004 11:46 AM

I agree with Denny and Keith that a get together would be in order.

Keith Loh March 19th, 2004 11:53 AM

Some place cheap that serves white wine and/or lots of coffee.

Ronald Lee March 19th, 2004 12:11 PM

I'm all for it.

Let's meet either at Subeez (Homer and Smith), a bread garden, or a large coffee shop (i.e. Blendz, at Hastings and Richards).

I'm good most of the time except for Mon and Wed nights for now.

Keith Loh March 19th, 2004 12:14 PM

All those places are good for me.

My schedule is pretty clear after this week.

Ronald Lee March 19th, 2004 12:16 PM

Great, lets spread the word. I'm excited to meet as many people from here as possible. Lets say next week, perhaps Tues, around 6pm? Or anyone have any preferences? Thursday at 8pm? Friday???

David Stone March 19th, 2004 12:24 PM

Next Tuesday at 6pm is good for me. However, I work out in the boonies and would rather meet "in the middle", say Commercial drive or Burnaby location.

Keith Loh March 19th, 2004 12:53 PM

Anywhere on the Drive is acceptable to me. Is the Wasubeez still there?

Ronald Lee March 19th, 2004 12:58 PM

I thought of Wasubeez, except that they have loud music....Keith, perhaps you can flex your biceps and tell them to turn it down when we meet?