DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from Vancouver (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/2250-hello-vancouver.html)

Keith Loh March 19th, 2004 01:12 PM

Yea loud music not so good ... hmmm ... there must be some large coffee shops around that area.

Scott Burbank March 19th, 2004 01:22 PM

I'm here in Burnaby

Scott

Corey MacGregor March 19th, 2004 01:39 PM

I'd be interested in meeting up next tuesday. How about Bukowski's on commercial?

Keith Loh March 19th, 2004 01:43 PM

Depends how many commit. Bukowskis can be a bit cramped if you don't get the right table. It would have to be reserved, as well.

Corey MacGregor March 19th, 2004 02:03 PM

There's also Cafe Deux Soleils. They serve coffee, beer and at that time there should be plenty of room.

Dylan Couper March 19th, 2004 03:11 PM

what the hell...

I'm in.

I don't live downtown, but I'll vote for anywhere with big tables, and quiet so we can talk.

Keith, have you and I ever met up for anything except sushi when its a business meeting?

Denny Lajeunesse March 19th, 2004 03:31 PM

Tues. 6pm is fine with me too.

Wasubees doesn't always have loud music. Not sure if they do around 6pm though. Cafe Doux solei would be good. Beers better anyway.

If I had an idea how many of us there will be I could phone and ask if that number will be a problem. I live 2 block form Bukowskis and wasubees and 7 blocks from Cafe deux Solei (or is it "dis" solei.. whatever the one near 7th is, the north one is tiny) so any of those is good for me. :)

Denny

Ronald Lee March 19th, 2004 03:35 PM

Any of those places is fine.

Also consider if they will be busy with the dinner crowed (meaning less seats) around 6pm as well. Really, we can go anywhere and just tell them to turn the music down or well send Keith to tenderize them.

I'm into meeting more video people, and I'm going to bring some friends who are in the film industry or want to do video, as well.

David Stone March 19th, 2004 03:57 PM

Anywhere on Commercial Drive Tuesday at 6pm is OK by me. Just let me know where and I will be there.

Keith Loh March 19th, 2004 06:31 PM

Any chance we can make it later than 6? Some people might have trouble making the commute during rush hower. How about 7?

Ronald Lee March 19th, 2004 07:25 PM

Now he says so...

Well 6-7pm is a good time frame to start a meeting. And then its to Keith's place for the *real* party.

Keith Loh March 19th, 2004 07:27 PM

How about a clean up party?

Dylan Couper March 19th, 2004 07:40 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Keith Loh : How about a clean up party? -->>>

I guess I shouldn't tell them about your hot tub on the balcony, or Heidi and Marlena your roomates.

Ronald Lee March 19th, 2004 11:30 PM

You mean his dolls?, cough, I mean rooommaaates?

Dylan Couper March 21st, 2004 09:07 PM

So whats the final plan? Who is going? WHen? Where?