Miami Florida XL1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 2nd, 2002, 07:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Miami Florida XL1

Hi everyone. I am new to the video scene. Making movies has always been my dream and I guess I finally reached the age. I have not made it to make a movie yet just shooting short clips here and there. Since I work on the internet most of my jobs are for interactive streaming or CD type work.

I use a Canon XL1. For audio I use either a shortshotgun ME66 of Countryman B6 Lav.
hooked up via a beachtek adapter. I am very interested in doing well planed creative work. I am very busy with my internet work but if its a small project and interesting I would love to participate, email me

cheers
jp
whiterabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2002, 03:21 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard JP! It is a good thing to begin with short little
stuff, this usually prepares you well for the more longer movies!
Good luck!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2002, 07:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, good to be here!
Old June 28th, 2002, 01:48 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I am miami.. Are you interested in meeting to share thoughts and ideas?
gerez@bellsouth.net

---
PC Based editor: Adobe Premier Pro, Canopus DV Storm Pro. SONY VX2000, Panasonic DVX100a

George Gerez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2002, 02:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi George. This could get confusing, my name is Jorge.

I am located on Miami Beach, in South Beach. Glad to hear from you. I don't drive (its the New Yorker in me) but I would love to get together and discuss projects if your in the area.

I am shooting a demo commercial on Sunday July 7th for ourselves so I am busy lining everybody out. We have a full crew and I have a few other shoots planned. What kind of filming do you usually do?

Good to hear from you.

Jorge
Old June 28th, 2002, 02:56 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Jorge, I am starting Filming as my 4th Hobby. My other Hobbies and carrer is (Web Development, DJing, Remixing and now Filming and editing)..

I am looking for people to meet to learn what they do. and see shooting in action.

I would like to see the film shoot for your commercial/demo let me know the details.

Thanks for replying.
gerez@bellsouth.net

---
PC Based editor: Adobe Premier Pro, Canopus DV Storm Pro. SONY VX2000, Panasonic DVX100a

George Gerez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2002, 04:03 PM   #7
Regular Crew

That sounds cool.

This is sort of a hobby for me in the sense that I am new at it as well. We are primarily an internet company also and have developed a technique/software for streaming very high quality video 900x600 resolution at under 600kbps. Best of all you dont need a video codec to view it.

This commercial is my first really organized production attempt. We are ten in a not so big an apartment so I prefer we hook up on the next one where I will be a little more relaxed :) and we will have big space warehuses, cranetrucks and heavy equipment for a music and dance thing. That will be in August.

If you want take down my email jorge@mantaproductions.com and my phone is 305-538-4355 when your on the beach give me a buzz and we can have a cup of coffee and talk more about project ideas.

Jorge
whiterabbit is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood