Hello From South Florida - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 30th, 2003, 11:35 PM   #16
Major Player

West Palm Beach area here.
Old May 1st, 2003, 07:38 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Altamonte Springs here

Hello again,

I just joined the Professional Videographers of Central Florida organization. Between this online community and the members of the organization things are moving fast for me. Anyone in orlando thats interested go the their website at pvcf.org

Mark
Old May 1st, 2003, 07:49 AM   #18
Major Player

That site leaves some nice pop ups, lol.

Anyhow.... It would be nice to get some work since we have all this technology at our disposal.
Old May 1st, 2003, 08:20 AM   #19
Capt. Quirk

Careful what you wish for Bob... I said the same thing, and then answered an ad on Mandy.com. Now, I'm driving 3 hours to Miami for a 1 hour shoot. If I didn't have an SUV gashog, I could almost make something :)
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2003, 04:08 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Hello to other Fl people, I'm in Boca. Been on this great board for awhile.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2003, 07:20 AM   #21
New Boot

Hello to shooters in the Florida Keys and South Miami

Hello everyone
As Ive wrote in the past Im living and working out of
Key West , Florida
I just would like to express my thanks to this commuinty board
Ive met many cool and intresting people though this board
and would like to again say
Keep the emails coming!!!
I really love to hear what everyone is up too.

My Email address is dwelsdfl@excite.com

To View my info and stuff like that scroll down to my last message on this message board and allow me to introduce myself to you.

Keep up the good work DVinfo

Regard's

Brian Gasper
dwelsdfl@excite.com
Key West, Florida USA
Old August 10th, 2003, 08:00 PM   #22
New Boot

Im New To the forum

Hi Every one, I want to introduce my self to the forum and tell every one that this forum is the greates. I have found out a lot of things thats helped me in a quick amount of time.

Now about my self, I live in sunny south florida were its raining or full of steamy hot weather. I live in miami and Have taken up TV Productions in college.

I had a goal to get a high end digital camcorder since i wanted to film a documentary style movie and the analog cameras i had just didnt fit the bill. These Cameras i had were Hi 8 and did there job for little movies i did but lacked the proffessinal look and feel. I own the Sony ccd TRV 818 with wide angle lens and the Canon ES75. Both cameras are nice and have good qualities about them. So i decided to to some research and found a few high end cameras, my choices were Sony pd150, JVC GVy 550 and the Canon XL1s, and then theres the Canon GL2. There were a few others but those cameras were off the chain when it came to money price. It was a tos up between the xl1s and the GL2 and both cameras were tied in the system department. then i saw the the cost it would take to buy all the other parts to get the xl1s right and decided that thegl2 had every thing i would need at a lower cost than the xl1s.

About 3 months ago I bought a Canon GL2 and I Am very happy with it so far. I paid $2,700.00 for this camera, some people have told me i paid too much for and others have told me that I did ok. I on the other hand feel that iI got a good deal so far and its a great camera. I decided to learn as much as i could about this camera as posible before doing a shoot. So i have found out that this camera is simple to use but yet a little bit complext. Since i have taken Tv productions 1 this summer i have lerned a lot about using cameras and feel ill do a great job filming. I am now taking Tv productions 2 for this fall to learn more about tv. My goal is to work for a tv station as a TD= Technical Director. Were learning on a grass valley Digital switcher.

Im also getting ready to learn Avid Express DV pro 3.5 and i have a ibook so i want to also learn final cut pro 3 as well. What i know how to use is Primier 6 and Pinnacle 8. My back groung in computer goes way back when the first pd 11 came out and i have been a A+ tech since 1993. Im also a web master and desing in flash as well. As far as 3D programs goes i use Maya 4 and 3 DS Max. I kina lean more towards Maya.

What i woul;d like to know from this forum is how do you get free actors to show up to a shoot, and were is the best place to find actors to be filmed on my indapendant film for free. Also Im looking for crew people as well like doly operaters and grips, lighting people, also looking for assitant directors.

I am glad i found this forum and you all seem to be very nice and honest people here, keep up the good work.
Old August 10th, 2003, 09:05 PM   #23
Capt. Quirk

A fellow Floridian! Hello, and welcome. You'll find quite a few of us here. As far as "free" actors, I'm not sure they exist. You could try placing fliers in local Drama classes. That might get you a few. Good luck.
Old August 11th, 2003, 01:19 AM   #24
Outer Circle

Welcome to the dvi forums, Richard. It's always nice to trap another soul! :)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 08:15 PM   #25
New Boot

Yo Richard 305 in da house!

I'm also new here. Let me know if you have any projects you need help on cuz I have this thing I wanna do (in Jan 2005) and I'm gonna need alot of practice to get it done right.

I plan to get the xl1s in Oct.
Humby Valdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2003, 09:22 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Que pasa Richard!
Miami is a great place to visit and live. I was jus there in May, yet it seems so long ago. What I love most about Miami is the culture. I would move there in a New York minute if I could keep my current salary.
Good luck in school. Technical Director is an awesome position, but don't forget to also learn as much as you can in other areas of Broadcasting such as Director, Floor Manager, Studio/Field Camera Operator, Lighting etc...
Remember, these other skills could help you get in the industry.
As a college graduate you may want to land that dream TV job and you may, but don't be too proud to work for a local cable station coming out of college. You could get valuable experience here and this experience can help you get that dream job and that "Long Money".
Re: the talent and crew, I agree with Keith. Post flyers in the Student Center, Communications building at you're school or other local schools. You may not have to pay them with money but you must feed them at the very least. Pizza, sandwiches, coffee/soda, bagels should suffice.
Remember they want to get as much experience as you do so I truly believe that you will generate interest if you post these flyers. Don't forget to mention in your flyer that food and beverages would be provided on the set. You don't want to have a hungry hot sweaty crew when things don't go as planned on the set.
Welcome to the board and good luck in your endeavors.
Bernard Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2003, 09:53 AM   #27
Capt. Quirk

Most 'free' talent are also just looking to add to their resumes. or just to say they were in a movie. Mention full credits, and a copy of the finished movie, it may help draw them in.

I just got a second response from a guy in Louisiana, looking for lead experience. Even after saying it was a low budget movie, and pay may or may not be availabe. Gotta love that kind of determination!
Old August 25th, 2003, 08:00 PM   #28
Inner Circle

Bienvenido a Miyameeeeeeee!!!

Uh, I think I got that part of the Will Smith song right, not sure...

Anyway, welcome to one of the best places on the digital filmmaking net.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2003, 10:34 AM   #29
Tourist

clearwater fla

hello, i am tv newscast director at a local station and really like this site and suggest to my friends and co-workers.

i have a gl2, a g4 imac w/ fce, lowell lights and a music library. i'm parterned in a business called optical imagery we do music videos, comos, and industrial stuff. we are pretty busy on the west coast of fla. if you have any needs drop me an email corkysr@msn.com

scott
Scott Corkran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2003, 12:41 PM   #30
Regular Crew

Hi Scott and welcome to this forum. It really does have a lot of good information and interesting people. I'm also in Clearwater Florida so if you need help or another camera (DVX100) in your productions, drop me a line @ tap5s@yahoo.com.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood