Hello from Croatia at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 27th, 2004, 05:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Croatia

Well let me introduce myself. I am a 30 yrs old TV cameraman at our state TV for last 12 yrs. At work I ussually work with BetaSP Sony DXC 637P camcorder which is my companion for last 5 yrs. Before that I worked with Ikegami BetaSP, and before that with U-Matic and tube cameras - pretty crappy system, but it worked those days.... I started working as a war cameraman and broked few cameras during the heavy fightings - not so nice to remember those days, but it was long ago... Now I am shooting news and often documentaries. Well, what brought me to this forum? DV, off course! I worked few years ago with Sony VX1000 and I was amazed by picture quality and compactness of the camera. From that time I worked with almost all prosumer DV cams - name it - I probably worked with it. I own a Canon XM2 camera, and that was my choice year ago. I find that camera best for the price, because here in Croatia paychecks are not so good, so after few projects with rented equipment I was able to buy a decent camera, and I am very happy with it! I even made few documentaries which was broadcasted on national TV. I edit on P4 with AVid XpressDV, and still sometimes use my old iMac 500 loaded with FCP 2.

My current camera equipment is:
Canon XM2 with WD58 and MA300
Senheiser ME66 with boom pole and Rycote Softie
Senheiser EVO500 wireless mic system
3*850W ligts with barndoors, stands and filters
2* 300W Kaiser Reporterlicht
1 Pag 12V on camera light
Vinten Vision5 tripod

Well, that was my introduction, and sorry about some mistakes concernig english language, believe me I am doing my best...

Cheers,
Darko
Darko Flajpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2004, 06:42 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Your English is just fine, Darko! Thanks for joining us, and it's a pleasure to hear from you -- welcome aboard,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood