DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from Melbourne Australia (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/238007-hello-melbourne-australia.html)

Shane Wakeling June 25th, 2009 10:31 PM

Hello from Melbourne Australia

Hello all

Been hanging around these forums for a couple of weeks, yes that's what the bad smell was. Anyways, I love nature doco's and the freedom of art that a camera brings. So i am going to fork out a huge amount of hard earned in the next few days for the purpose of hopefully making a private nature doco. Sure ive never used a camera before and have no idea on how to go about making a doco but im going to try dam it!!

So hello again and hope to see you on the forum's!

Shane

Ben Longden June 27th, 2009 04:41 AM

Hi Shane!

Go for it... you will never regret it, mate.

If ever you are in the Echuca area, let me know.

Ben

Bryce Comer June 27th, 2009 10:52 AM

Hi Shane,
Welcome to this awesome forum, it really is a great source of information with so many really helpful people.
If you haven't already, check out the UWOL section of this forum, i think it will be right down your alley. When you do buy a camera, try one of the UWOL competitions, you will be sure to learn lots.
Hi also to Ben, didn't realise you were a member too. Great to see you here.
Bryce

Noel Evans July 9th, 2009 04:41 PM

Good luck Shane. Im on the Gold Coast, but if you need anything hit me up admin atmark scarlet-films.com .

Good luck.

Steve Bowman July 9th, 2009 05:44 PM

Welcome

We should get all the Melb people together for a networking lunch some time

Other places have done this and been fun.

Ben Longden July 9th, 2009 07:21 PM

Sunday lunch on the paddlesteamer Emmylou..... hard to beat that...

(Echuca is the home of the worlds largest working paddlesteamer fleet)

Chris Callaghan July 9th, 2009 09:20 PM

Hi Shane, Ben stewve and all fellow Aussies.
This is a great forum, don't worry that we seem isolated from the rest of the world. The best way to improve is to get out there and do it.
Chris

Peter Anastasopoulos July 22nd, 2010 09:24 AM

Melbourne, Kew

Hi Shane, great source of interesting and helpful people in this forum, good luck with your project, we'll help where we can, and that lunch Idea isn't too bad either, I wouldn't mind putting as few faces on some of these helpful faces to boot.

Peter Anastasopoulos September 18th, 2010 08:22 PM

Hi Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bowman (Post 1169545)
We should get all the Melb people together for a networking lunch some time

Other places have done this and been fun.

So Steve, how fast can you put it together mate. ;)

Bob Hart September 19th, 2010 11:14 AM

Ben.

So they still have not given "Emmylou" (Pevensey) her old name back? - such is the power of film, even after over 20 years. I played the theme from the series on an accordion on the riverbank over there in mid-1984 while on a travel through. There. Some useless trivia for you. They must have re-built a few more or moved some in since the count of four when I was there.

One was running with a diesel motor with a relay drive to the steam motor, thence to the paddle wheels. Emmylou (Pevensey) and the mission boat were still steam driven.

Frank Vrionis September 20th, 2010 04:20 AM

Hello,

I'm from Melbourne too. Good luck with your filmic adventures. If it's a hobby then it will be heaps of fun. If you eventually make money from your hobby then that some serious fun.

F

Gan Eden October 4th, 2010 05:32 AM

Hello from Kalgoorlie.

Laurence Janus October 5th, 2010 02:37 AM

There are a surprising number of Melbournites around on this forum, hopefully we help each other out at some stage.