Student Cameraman Blog at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 30th, 2009, 07:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Student Cameraman Blog

Hi all,

I just thought I would formally introduce myself on dvinfo. I have been a long time reader of the site and a short time poster, but have finally decided to introduce myself as I want to become more web 2.0.

My name is Jonathan Palfrey, I'm 19 and I am currently a FdA Creative Digital Media student at South Devon College in the UK. I've been filming for the last 4 years and have improved a lot over that time. I started out making videos for fun before realising this was my dream career, thats when I decided to take it seriously and continue in higher education.

I own a Sony Z5 and Libec LS38 Tripod, thanks to the dvinfo community for helping me decide, and I edit on Sony Vegas Pro 8

Over the past year my career has really expanded and I have found myself working with some well known clients, including Paignton Zoo, Torbay Council and the BBC. While working on projects I've always thought how it would be a great idea to have a record of it. This is where the idea for my blog began.

After watching great video blogs from people such as Philip Bloom, I though wouldn't it be great if there where more behind the scenes blogs out there. So Ive decided to do it myself and give an insight to what its like to be a student in the UK trying to get into the media industry.

Basically my blog will give a behind the scenes look of my work along with my thoughts and ideas on different things. I cant promise it will be the most informative blog but I'l try my best. I really hope this blog will be useful for people such as GCSE & A-level students who are considering media degrees but want to know a bit more about what its like to be on one. Also it will hopefully give potential employers an idea of what I'm like and for everyone else abit of weekly entertainment.

So I hope some of you would like to join me on my quest:

you can follow me on my video blog at Jonathan Palfrey's Student Cameraman Blog on Vimeo
or at YouTube - palfrey411's Channel

you can also follow my tweets at Jonathan Palfrey (jonathanpalfrey) on Twitter
or see my work on my website at Jonathan Palfrey - Camera Operator and Editor in South Devon - Weddings, Corporate, Events & Promotion

Thank you all for reading, I hope I can bring you some entertaining and informative blogging.
Jonathan Palfrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood