Hightech redneck.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 21st, 2004, 10:22 AM   #1
Tourist

Hightech redneck..

hey guys,
this is my 1st post, so i though i woudl put in a little intro.

i really dont have any expierence in filming or editing.... but i WILL change that shrotly. I have huge inerest in the outdoors and most (all) of my time is spent fishing, hunting, mountain bikin, 4-wheeling, boating, and just plain runnin around like a mad man.

i have enrolled in some classes at my college that will get me started in asthectics (sp?) and basic production ideas. when i finish these, i will be able to take some other, more hands-on classes involveing alot of editing and what not.

i have been reading magazines, and reviews, and webs about differnt cameras and editing equip. My goal is to invest some $ into a nice dv camera for about 1000$ (+/-) this summer, and accesories to boot.

my goal is to make some kick-butt hunting videos...... mainly goose/duck hunting, which is basically my WHOLE life....haha. I watch alot of extreme sports and movies, and i wanna incorperate alot of the themes they do, but in a hunting movie. beacues all the hunting movies out there are basically blah blah....bang bang. i hopefully can make my own personal videos that are way spiced up see what happens from there

heres what i had in mind for cameras........ Panasonic PV-DV953 or the Canon Optura Xi Mini Dv .

glad to be a memeber of this site!!! i will warn you thou...... i will be asking ALOT of dumb questions. hehe
Brian Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:06 PM   #2
Outer Circle

Hi, Brian. There's been a lot of new members from MN lately. I used to live just north of there (Winnipeg). I always loved MN: nice country, super friendly, and lots of interesting things to see.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood