New member in Littleton, Colorado at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 1st, 2002, 11:15 PM   #1
Graham Carter

New member in Littleton, Colorado

Just registered this evening and appreciate the work that Rob, Chris, and company are doing! I would like to contact any DV filmmakers in the Denver area. I am in the process of purchasing a Canon XL1-S with associated sound and lighting gear to start a career (life-long dream) of producing Jazz Video Documentaries.
I would appreciate any advice on whether I should purchase an IMAC or PC for non-linear video editing of the Canon XL1-S as I am looking at Final Cut Pro 3 and it seems to be designed for the Mac world more than the PC world? I would also like to VOLUNTEER to help anyone in the Denver area who might be producing a DV based project in order to gain more experience on the production side (camera work, lighting, sound, etc).
Old July 2nd, 2002, 12:06 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Howdy from Texas,

Drive over to Loveland and pay a visit to Ken Bell and the folks at DVLine (www.dvline.com), one of the largest NLE integrators in the nation. They'll get you squared away on the best NLE system for your needs. Yes, Final Cut Pro is a Mac-only application, but there are excellent PC editing solutions as well such as the Canopus DVStorm. Ken and the guys at DVLine can show all of this stuff to you in person; give 'em a call and go check it out. Welcome aboard,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2002, 03:12 AM   #3
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard here Graham! Personally I'm not from Denver
as you've probably read already, so I cannot help you with your
questions. Lets hope someone from your area chimes in. Sounds
like some interesting things you can shoot and I wish you best
of luck! See you around

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2002, 12:28 PM   #4
Registration Incomplete -- contact Admin.

Hey Gramm

Gramm,

I live in Highlands Ranch and have an XL1 with the Matrox RT2000/Adobe Premier video editing system (PC). I would like to see what kind of sound packages you ended up getting. I've been looking at a UHF wireless lavilier mic system but there are so many I am having a hard time deciding.

I'm a hobbyist interested in making some "films" with friends. Just having some fun. I would like to shoot more with the XL1 as I could use the expertise.

Hope your endeavor with the jazz films is working out.

Walter
wefdenver is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood