Greetings from Great Britain, United Kingdom - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 5th, 2009, 08:22 AM   #166
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Wilkinson View Post
Hi Ryan, I started my video production company a few months ago and I'm already getting some great corporate contracts in Cambridge (and I'm even now doing a super one in Dublin as well!). I'm only an hour away so if you ever need any advice I'd be glad to try and help - when I'm not snowed under with work - like right now!
Thanks Andy, your work looks great and Ill definitely be in contact at some stage.

Take care,

Ry
Ryan D.G. Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #167
Inner Circle

Dave and Ryan, thank you so much for the compliments!!!!! :-)
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #168
Regular Crew

Canon XHA1 owner in Sussex

Another member from the UK, living in East Sussex. I have been lurking for a couple of years while in full time work, completely unrelated to video. And in the meantime learnt a lot from the forum.
Now that I am in semi-retirement, I am returning to a hobby I started many years ago. I would like to improve my work with practical training courses and to that end have considered joining the IOV. Has anyone experience with the IOV that they would like to share?

David
David Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #169
Regular Crew

Hi everybody, I'm Andrew...I sound like I'm in a AA meeting ;-D

I finished a 3 year tv and media degree last summer. I've been putting equipment and scripts together for my coming up company.
Based in the newcastle

Andrew
Andrew Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #170
Inner Circle

IOV (Institute of Videography)

Hi Dave,

I went to the IOV event in Coventry a few months ago with a friend I'm now working with (on corporate video stuff in Dublin) and posted about the IOV back then - as I was not aware of it before at all.

It was actually a VERY good trade show, great range of exhibitors of pro gear and they had many IOV and trade organised seminars on specific subjects (we paid our £10 and sat in on the corporate one). Whllst I learnt nothing "staggeringly new" it was a great "day out", we met some like minded videographers for a chat over gear etc. and we saw and handled (the then) new Sony Z7 & (I think from memory) Z5 etc. My mate and I are EX1/3 freaks so this was more out of curiosity......

I struggled with whether or not I should join the IOV but in the end did not (from memory it's about £120/year - Google them for all the details).

I'm sure I'm wrong (and any replies will no doubt confirm if this is true or not by IOV members and non-members!) but it seemed a lot of wedding videographers are in the IOV. I would certainly consider visiting their next annual convention again this coming year and recommend it to others - even though I'm not interested at all in wedding video work.

That's my personal take on the IOV at the moment from a few brief hours exposure.
Old January 11th, 2009, 01:14 PM   #171
New Boot

'Lo. Another Essex-based person over here, one of approximately 309,345,454,242,878,233 aspiring filmmakers on the planet, XH A1 user, mostly just a lurker in this place (but I might be around a bit more now), and very pleased to make your acquaintance.
Nic MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 05:39 AM   #172
Regular Crew

IoV Institute of Videography

Hi Andy

Thanks for your comments. I've just received their Information Pack, which does not go into a lot of detail, so I'll contact them directly for more details. Also hope that there are more IoV members in this forum who will comment.

David
David Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #173
Regular Crew

Hello everyone,

I've just set up a corporate production business; very small scale at the moment - well, I only really started about a week ago, having just been made redundant from ITV, part of their mass cull of regional journalists. Am now spending hours each day firing off emails, making calls etc, trying to get some fingers into some pies...

I've been lurking on this site for a while though and have found it a fantastic source of information and a lovely group of people.

PS Based in Maidstone, Kent.

Regards
Dave
David Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:22 AM   #174
Major Player

Hi David, welcome.
Hope the new business works out well, good luck.
John
John Estcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 02:48 PM   #175
Trustee

Welcome David. The crazed collector of dvinfobrits has taken your soul.
Good luck with your business.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 04:01 AM   #176
Tourist

Hello all :) Another Brit joins the fold.
Stephen Turnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #177
Trustee

Welcome Stephen. You have been added to the Readers's Digest mailing list- sorry, dvinfobrits list.
Old January 17th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #178
Tourist

Greetings from Nottingham (in a few months to be London!).

Just another aspiring film maker, trying to find a way to work myself up the ladder. Have gained a lot of useful information since I found this board and hopefully, when I know more, I can give back a little.
Joseph Hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #179
Trustee

Hail, Joseph and welcome! You're now on the Britlist.

(I'm sorry, I couldn't stop myself - a thousand pardons).
Old January 17th, 2009, 05:00 PM   #180
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McDonald View Post
Welcome Stephen. You have been added to the Readers's Digest mailing list- sorry, dvinfobrits list.
LOL do i get the chance to win a million? ;)

I'm not a serious videographer btw, just enjoy recording life as I see it...... a bit warped to be honest he he, fascinated by people and what drives their existence.

Only today at the bus station I captured a bus-spotter photographing the new pink 'park and ride' buses in Ipswich. He seemed a little uncomfortable being filmed but I considered it hypocritical so continued regardless.

Still photography is my real passion :)
Stephen Turnbull is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood