Greetings from Great Britain, United Kingdom - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 22nd, 2008, 09:49 AM   #151
Trustee

Glad to see that I'm still on the Welsh list - even though I haven't been a regular poster for some time.
Anyway, I'm still active, directing tv drama and shooting the odd doc in between!
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:11 PM   #152
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kellett View Post
Nick that'd be cool.
Nice website, cracking pictures.
What sort of video do you shoot/ want to shoot ?
Paul.
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the nice comments. I'm around most of the time for the next few weeks, so give me a bell.

I have been playing with the XH-A1 and FCP for around a year and want to put together some journalistic pieces with stills and video + some shorts for some of my clients. I'm suffering without tracking AF (for cars) and struggling to get a sensible sound setup. I have an NTG1 and several other mics + Fostex FR1, but sound is such a new dimension from what I'm used to.

Nick.

Nick Wilcox-Brown, Advertising and Editorial Photographer.
W: www.nickwb.com

Last edited by Nick Wilcox-Brown; November 22nd, 2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Add signature!
Nick Wilcox-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #153
Regular Crew

Hello,

My name is Alex, I am from South UK, near Portsmouth (Gosport). Thought I would introduce myself, I have not used this board before.

I am planning to shoot my first feature, and would love to hear from anyone in my local area whether you are a producer to pyrotechnic expert!

Cheers, Alex.
Alex Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #154
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Brown View Post
Hello,

My name is Alex, I am from South UK, near Portsmouth (Gosport). Thought I would introduce myself, I have not used this board before.

I am planning to shoot my first feature, and would love to hear from anyone in my local area whether you are a producer to pyrotechnic expert!

Cheers, Alex.
Welcome, Alex!

If you check back a page or so you will see (attached to my post of Sept 16th) a link to a list of DVinfo brits. You're about to be on it if that's OK and you will find a few people near you. I try to keep it up to date in case it might be useful to someone.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2008, 03:19 PM   #155
Regular Crew

Hi Colin, yes thats fine to add me to the list.

Let me check the brit listing out this evening, I just found my notebook screen cracked and bleeding, thats what you get when you let your younger brothers and sisters use the new PS3 and get excited in your edit suit...
Old December 13th, 2008, 06:19 PM   #156
Regular Crew

Evening,

I was wondering if anyone here happenes to be an expert in the lighting or audio fields. I am sourcing contacts (Portsmouth/Brighton/Southampton preferably, London also interested) for sub contracting and also an indie film project.

If you might be interested in working together please send me a personal message.

Thanks, Alex Brown.
Old December 14th, 2008, 03:56 AM   #157
Major Player

I've been away from the list recently, but welcome Alex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McDonald View Post
If you check back a page or so you will see (attached to my post of Sept 16th) a link to a list of DVinfo brits.
Very happy to be part of the list Colin, thanks for the effort.

Nick.
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:12 AM   #158
Regular Crew

Hello all!

My name is Ryan, from Norwich, Norfolk. I'm looking to start my own video production company but have never had any formal training, just a few years of experience and a lot of determination and passion, so I'll be the guy asking stupid questions :)

Ry
Ryan D.G. Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #159
Major Player

Welcome Ryan,
I'm in the same boat, but there are plenty of great and knowledgeable people here, so you'll be made welcome.

Enjoy!

Nick
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #160
Regular Crew

Thanks Nick,

I see you use an XH-A1, how is it? I've got an XL2 until I've got the money to upgrade :)

Ry
Ryan D.G. Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #161
Inner Circle

Hi Ryan, I started my video production company a few months ago and I'm already getting some great corporate contracts in Cambridge (and I'm even now doing a super one in Dublin as well!). I'm only an hour away so if you ever need any advice I'd be glad to try and help - when I'm not snowed under with work - like right now!
Old January 5th, 2009, 04:10 AM   #162
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan D.G. Stone View Post
I see you use an XH-A1, how is it? I've got an XL2 until I've got the money to upgrade :)
Ry
Its a great little camera. Very good and flexible on colour with unlimited customisation possible. A touch soft at the long end (I'm from a high end stills background, so I am very picky), but excellent (and wide) at the short end.

I'd really like full HD and a tapeless workflow, but guess that is another generation away?

Nick
Old January 5th, 2009, 05:00 AM   #163
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Wilcox-Brown View Post

I'd really like full HD and a tapeless workflow, but guess that is another generation away?

Nick
That's here already with the EX1/EX3.

Paul.
Old January 5th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #164
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kellett View Post
That's here already with the EX1/EX3.

Paul.
Hi Paul,

Indeed it is, but have been unable to sell the (low use) XH-A1 + the industry is moving so fast that I am no longer sure that EX is the way forward.

I was a hair's breadth from ordering an EX1 in November, but the Canon 5D MkII has changed the landscape so much and more is on the way + Scarlet is also coming soon.

My market is never going to be video only, but stills + video to suit my client base, so I have decided to hold back for a month or two.

best,

Nick.
Old January 5th, 2009, 07:38 AM   #165
Major Player

You've done some very nice work there Andy (shootingimage.co.uk). A collection of very good work, one could be forgiven for thinking you were an old hand pro instead of a new hand pro..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Wilkinson View Post
Hi Ryan, I started my video production company a few months ago and I'm already getting some great corporate contracts in Cambridge (and I'm even now doing a super one in Dublin as well!). I'm only an hour away so if you ever need any advice I'd be glad to try and help - when I'm not snowed under with work - like right now!
Dave Gosley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood