DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Old film maker but new here says hi (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/27550-old-film-maker-but-new-here-says-hi.html)

Ian Paterson June 14th, 2004 10:45 AM

Old film maker but new here says hi

Hi everyone.
Nice site here.

Thought I'd say hi before I started posting.
I won't bore you with what I've done ( visit my website if interested ) I'd prefer to hear what you have done.

I'm in the UK ( London ) and always look for new actors etc to help in my films and i'm also here to give help if needed.

Love to know what films you have made and where can I watch them.

Thanks
Ian.

Ed Smith June 14th, 2004 11:36 AM

Hi Ian,

Glad to see more poeple from the UK here!!! Feel free to wonder round...

It might be an idea to put your location in the location field in your user preferences. That way we can make sure we know who we are talking to and whether you are from PAL land or NTSC/ SECAM etc.

All the best from Hampshire,

Ed

Barry Gribble June 14th, 2004 02:40 PM

Ian,

Welcome... always glad to have new people, especially with old experience :).

You mention your website, but didn't include the address... I would love to look if you post it...

Ian Paterson June 15th, 2004 03:36 AM

Hi Guys
Sorry, was on the www.

it's www.superteam.biz
There's film competitions and places to show your films and have them rated and commented on by non film makers.

I'm from Heathrow ( Hounslow ) England, Pal.

Although most of my cast are local I use actors and fx people from all over the world, i send them scripts etc and the film themselves and send the footage via internet of post.

Always willing to help ( I don't know everything, but what I do know i'll share with you :)

Barry Gribble June 15th, 2004 09:53 AM

Ian,

Wow, you have a very rich site... lots going on there. I like the message boards.

It seems the contest is focused a bit on sci-fi, FX kinda stuff? Or am I wrong? I may send something if not. You said there to send you via "pm" hmmmm what's that mean? :)

Again welcome.

Ian Paterson June 15th, 2004 10:45 AM

Hi barry

The competition is open to every style of film making.
We have judges that are experts in CGI, special fx's but we also have experts in acting, script writing etc.
So anything you want to enter is fine :)

A pm was a Private message, the reason I asked for people to pm me was so they would join the forum and I could keep them updated about the competition and all winners would be notified before the press release.
If they didn't join the forum I couldn't be sure they get the messages, with a PM I can see that they have read the message.

( our server is having a overhaul right now :( so the forum is down but the main page is still working. )

The prizes are nothing too specail, the normal trophy and stuff, but the best thing I like about it is the winners will be on a full page advert in the computer video magazine along with the winners website addresses and email address.