DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Greetings from London (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/3061-greetings-london.html)

Simon Davies August 7th, 2002 03:50 AM

Greetings from London

Hello

I'm making my first documentary, struggling, but learning lots. Am here for advice, which so far, looks excellent.

See you.

Simon

Chris Hurd August 7th, 2002 12:46 PM

Great to have you with us, Simon... look around on the Neighborhood forum here and I think you'll find some other Londoners hanging out as well. Welcome aboard!

Peter Lock August 8th, 2002 01:14 PM

Hi Simon

Ex-Londoner, Now live in Milton Keynes.

This is a great site for all round information.

Peter

Ed Smith August 9th, 2002 11:56 AM

Welcome to the board, hope you find all the info you need and good luck in your projects.

Not from London, but live about 45 minutes away in Hampshire.

All the best,

Ed Smith

Jon Eriksson August 13th, 2002 08:00 AM

If you do need any help, tips or tricks, don't be afraid to contact me. I've done a couple of broadcast documentaries before and have just recently bought an XL1s for personal use.

Best wishes & regards
Jon

Parkingtigers August 18th, 2002 09:10 PM

Another UK member

I list myself as a londoner, as I work in my day job (night job actually) in knightsbridge. Actually I live 25 miles north in Luton. I've just bought my xl1-s (finally) and I am starting to find my way around it.

Firstly I have to make a rock video for my mates, brothers band. Heavy metal, very fast, and with almost no time to learn the equipment because of my current job. I also have offers to film a wedding next may, and a seminar next month. As soon as my friends heard that the camera had arrived some practise gigs just appeared for me. Nothing like pressure to get you working.

Like you, I am VERY thankful for a site like this to come to for information and advice.

Adrian

Simon Plissi August 31st, 2002 04:01 AM

Hi,

I'm another Simon from London.
Been lurking for quite a while and keeping an eye on Chris Hurd's XL1 watchdog site since '99, when I bought my XL1.

Planning my next project so thought I'd better sign up so I can pick all your brains, sounds painful.

Yasser Kassana October 17th, 2005 05:52 AM

My Intro to you all

Hi all, i thought it would be a common courtesy to introduce myself. First of, my respect and admiration of the people who run this website and the people who are on this forum. I've been browsing for some time now, and the wealth of info is great. I too hope to give something back to the community.

Anyway, my name is Yasser Kassana, i am an indie film maker(wannabe film maker) 26 yrs old from London. Actually for a person who hasn't made anything i'm probably the most well known person and face in the indie industry in the UK for doing absolutely nothing. Strange but true. I guess I became interested in digital film making after the DVX, i realised that digital video can actually be creative. After that i realised digital is the future of film making no matter what anyone says, so why not learn all I can.

I'm still learning many things and have yet to make something. So bear with me and i hope we can be friends.

Yasser Kassana October 18th, 2005 02:41 AM

Oh nice to see i'm being welcomed. Other people have been welcomed who introduced themselves after me.

Keith Loh October 18th, 2005 08:39 AM

Okay I'm curious. How are you the most recognized for doing nothing?

Lorinda Norton October 18th, 2005 10:09 AM

Heh heh, not a very patient sort, are ya, Yasser? :) That was a good second post. Sorry for making you wait; sometimes things like that just happen.

Welcome!!! Look forward to seeing you around the neighborhood!

Yasser Kassana October 18th, 2005 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Loh
Okay I'm curious. How are you the most recognized for doing nothing?

Hi Lorinda - thanks for the reply. All i needed was just someone to say hello back, there's nothing worse than being kind and saying hi and then no-one replies back. Pleasure to meet you.

Keith, to answer your question, i know 'most' people in the UK film industry for 1. Writing a screenplay that got a really good reception all round, still working at it getting made.
2. I've tried and failed miserably over 2 yrs now to get my short film made, this brings me in contact with many people within the industry.

Sorry if i sounded arrogant, i was just being friendly.

Andy Jenkins October 28th, 2006 01:18 PM

Andy here a new lad in London

Hi all, just arrived from New Zealand. I know what you're thinking, not another bloody Kiwi. I'm all good for a laugh though. Looking for a step into the corporate side of things here. Done four years corporate in NZ, but keen to join an enthusiastic company here in London. Living in Putney, any ideas anyone??

Paul Jefferies October 28th, 2006 06:09 PM

Hi Andy
Welcome to London! Can't offer any specific advice about getting work, just the usual (Buy or borrow Broadcast magazine for the jobs pages, sign up to talent circle and Shooting people, get the Guardian on Monday for the media section, wander round the media bits of Soho etc.) Good luck with your search...

Simon Duncan March 17th, 2007 03:31 AM

London Based

Hi,

My name is Simon Duncan. I am an Australian cameraman / editor living in France. I want to make contact with London based people with the aim of buildig up a network of like minded people to find corporate or event based video work. Any like minded people interested I'd really like to hear from you.

Regards