DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from the philly area (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/3101-hello-philly-area.html)

Johndiver August 8th, 2002 06:45 PM

Hello from the philly area

I am new to this site and this forum. I am also new to the XL1. I have started to use this camera for Corp/Industrial shoots and am just learning all of the in's and out's. I will be happy for any hints and shortcuts that folks may have, as well as chatting will fellow users on most any topic.

A little about me:

Full time TD for a local news agency
Shoot for a local company on the side
willing to freelance - let me know if you have some extra work!
Scuba diver

Thanks for checking out my post and look forward to chatting with you.

Ken Tanaka August 12th, 2002 09:49 PM

Welcome John!

Sorry to be so tardy in welcoming your to our community. We're glad to have you with us.

By "full-time TD..." do you mean "technical director"? (I assume it can't possibly mean "total dolt" <g>, although I've known several people who could claim such a full-time occupation.)

How are you liking the XL1 so far? What type of material do you typically shoot?

Johndiver August 13th, 2002 12:40 PM

Yes I am a full time technical director - only a part time dolt.

I like the XL1 so far... but I have been working with it for only a short time. I am mainly using it for Corp/industrial work and it seems well suited for what I am doing.

What kind of work do you do with the XL1?

Thanks for your reply
John

Ken Tanaka August 13th, 2002 12:55 PM

I'm just a retired old fart hobbyist who's been interested in film and video for many years. I guess it's my version of taking up fly fishing.

Paul Sedillo August 13th, 2002 01:02 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Ken Tanaka : I'm just a retired old fart hobbyist who's been interested in film and video for many years. I guess it's my version of taking up fly fishing. -->>>

Ken,

I think that is a great way to ACT retired! What kind of stuff do you shoot?

Ken Tanaka August 13th, 2002 01:41 PM

So far (since 1/1/02) I've been mainly catching-up with family/friends projects. I'm just finishing a piece on a recent remodeling project (HGTV-style). Next up will be a piece on the Canadian Rockies near the Banff/Lake Louise area.

Next year I'd like to begin work on a series of shorts directed toward getting children interested in math and science.

Paul Sedillo August 13th, 2002 01:43 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Ken Tanaka : So far (since 1/1/02) I've been mainly catching-up with family/friends projects. I'm just finishing a piece on a recent remodeling project (HGTV-style). Next up will be a piece on the Canadian Rockies near the Banff/Lake Louise area.

Next year I'd like to begin work on a series of shorts directed toward getting children interested in math and science. -->>>

I like the short series dealing with children teaching aids. My youngest could use help with his math skills. I would imagine that there would be a market for this sort of thing.