Hello from the philly area at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old August 8th, 2002, 06:45 PM   #1
Johndiver

Hello from the philly area

I am new to this site and this forum. I am also new to the XL1. I have started to use this camera for Corp/Industrial shoots and am just learning all of the in's and out's. I will be happy for any hints and shortcuts that folks may have, as well as chatting will fellow users on most any topic.

A little about me:

Full time TD for a local news agency
Shoot for a local company on the side
willing to freelance - let me know if you have some extra work!
Scuba diver

Thanks for checking out my post and look forward to chatting with you.
Old August 12th, 2002, 09:49 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Welcome John!

Sorry to be so tardy in welcoming your to our community. We're glad to have you with us.

By "full-time TD..." do you mean "technical director"? (I assume it can't possibly mean "total dolt" <g>, although I've known several people who could claim such a full-time occupation.)

How are you liking the XL1 so far? What type of material do you typically shoot?

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2002, 12:40 PM   #3
Johndiver

Yes I am a full time technical director - only a part time dolt.

I like the XL1 so far... but I have been working with it for only a short time. I am mainly using it for Corp/industrial work and it seems well suited for what I am doing.

What kind of work do you do with the XL1?

Thanks for your reply
John
Old August 13th, 2002, 12:55 PM   #4

I'm just a retired old fart hobbyist who's been interested in film and video for many years. I guess it's my version of taking up fly fishing.

Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

Old August 13th, 2002, 01:02 PM   #5
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Ken Tanaka : I'm just a retired old fart hobbyist who's been interested in film and video for many years. I guess it's my version of taking up fly fishing. -->>>

Ken,

I think that is a great way to ACT retired! What kind of stuff do you shoot?
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2002, 01:41 PM   #6

So far (since 1/1/02) I've been mainly catching-up with family/friends projects. I'm just finishing a piece on a recent remodeling project (HGTV-style). Next up will be a piece on the Canadian Rockies near the Banff/Lake Louise area.

Next year I'd like to begin work on a series of shorts directed toward getting children interested in math and science.

Old August 13th, 2002, 01:43 PM   #7
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Ken Tanaka : So far (since 1/1/02) I've been mainly catching-up with family/friends projects. I'm just finishing a piece on a recent remodeling project (HGTV-style). Next up will be a piece on the Canadian Rockies near the Banff/Lake Louise area.

Next year I'd like to begin work on a series of shorts directed toward getting children interested in math and science. -->>>

I like the short series dealing with children teaching aids. My youngest could use help with his math skills. I would imagine that there would be a market for this sort of thing.
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood