DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from St. Louis area (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/3282-hello-st-louis-area.html)

Jay H. Thompson August 20th, 2002 04:13 PM

Hello from St. Louis area

Just thought I would say hi, and let you all know how great this forum is. It has really helped me in camera choice, editing software, and the encouragement to strike out into this wonderful exciting world of video. Thanks to all of you that contribute.

I hope someday to contribute, but now I'm just happy to have access to all this information.

You folks are great..

Thank you!

JayT

Rob Lohman August 21st, 2002 01:56 AM

Welcome aboard Jay! Good to have you with us. Glad to hear
our forums have been of help to you. Good luck with your future
endeavors!

Jay H. Thompson August 21st, 2002 07:48 AM

Thanks Rob,

The Netherlands, I have that down as one of my "wish" vacations! I have always wanted to visit. Maybe in a few years I will get to.

Thanks again,

JayT

Rob Lohman August 21st, 2002 08:57 AM

Heh, that is fun to here. Why? There isn't that much interesting
going on here. We're just a small little country. But I guess you
gotta do what you want to. I'm still waiting for my trip to the US.

Jay H. Thompson August 21st, 2002 09:16 AM

Windmills and Cheese! :) Seroiusly, you have a very rich culture.

Let me know if you make it to St. Louis, We'll take in a baseball , hockey, or football game.

See ya,

JayT

Doug Thompson August 26th, 2002 09:00 AM

Jay:

From one Thompson to another, welcome aboard. I recently finished up four weeks of shooting in your area (across the river in Belleville and Alton, Illinois, mostly). Spent a day at River Country at the St. Louis Zoo and have about three hours of footage from it. Also shot the moving memorial to Jack Buck at Busch Stadium. I lived in Alton from 1969-1981 and loved the area (my wife is from Belleville and is a lifelong Cards fan).

Doug

Doug Thompson August 26th, 2002 09:07 AM

Jay:

From one Thompson to another, welcome aboard. I recently finished up four weeks of shooting in your area (across the river in Belleville and Alton, Illinois, mostly). Spent a day at River Country at the St. Louis Zoo and have about three hours of footage from it. Also shot the moving memorial to Jack Buck at Busch Stadium. I lived in Alton from 1969-1981 and loved the area (my wife is from Belleville and is a lifelong Cards fan).

Doug

Jay H. Thompson August 26th, 2002 10:00 AM

Doug,

Thanks for the welcome. It is much appreciated, I work for Worldcom, for how long I'm not for sure with current events. I manage the IT department for the Weldon Spring Campus and one of my employees lives in Alton. I'm in the middle of trying to get this (hobby/business) off the ground so if something happens I can take it full time if possible. If you are in town sometime, let me know I'd like to know more about how you started out in the business, maybe pick up some pointers. You have a great website.

Thanks, see ya.

JayT
jay.h.thompson@wcom.com or jhthomps@swbell.net

Doug Thompson August 26th, 2002 10:06 AM

Jay:

I know what you're facing with WorldCom. Several of my friends here in the Washington area are on the street and looking. Hopefully, you won't have to join them.

Thanks for the kind words on the web site. Our company has gone through a lot of changes since I started it in 1992, especially in the Internet hosting and web design area. Still photography pays most of the bills and I'm putting more money than my accountant likes into the Our America project.

I'll be back in the St. Louis area in about three weeks. Shoot me your phone via email and I'll give you a shout.

Doug