Anybody from Buenos Aires? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 16th, 2004, 09:04 AM   #1
Wrangler

Anybody from Buenos Aires?

Just thought this might be worth a shot in the dark...

The specifics are not worked out yet, but it's starting to look like I'll be in Buenos Aires, Argentina in June/July 2005 doing video projections for Wagner's Die Walkure at Teatro Colon.

if you're familiar with that part of the world I'd be interested in anything you can tell me to help ease my "culture shock." :-)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #2
Contributor

Great! I have never been to BA but it's nearby and we speak alike and all. If you need an assistant, translator and B-roll, needless to say me and my PDX10 can fly over for little money ;-)

I understand it's a very nice city, quite european-like. Cabs are inexpensive, there is a large subway network and you can walk around the city center all night and sit in coffee shops that are bookstores and read or talk to people. Argentinians are very friendly. There are some unsafe areas but downtown is as safe as any western capital's centre. You will find some people that speak English but not like in Europe. They love to barbeque. You will love it.

Carlos E. Martinez must know the city pretty well. He lives in Brazil now, though.
Old December 16th, 2004, 01:24 PM   #3
Wrangler

Hey Ignacio - it would be great to have a chance to meet in person and I might very well take you up on that offer :-) One thing we're learning about Teatro Colon is that they have an incredible labor force available (1300 employees!) but unfortunately not much money to spend, so we'll have to see if something like this might be possible. Evidently they have 6 full time staff in their video department.... compare that to my staff in Philadelphia.... we have, uh, 0staff in our video department. Come to think of it, we don't even have a video department! ;-)

If you like, you can contact me at the e-mail address in my profile and I'll let you know when I have a little more info on the project.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood