Knoxville TN at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 1st, 2005, 10:11 AM   #1
New Boot

Knoxville TN

Being so new to this medium that I haven't even decided on which camera to purchase yet. Leaning towards the GL2 - but still looking at other different cams. If there is anyone in the Knoxville Tennessee area that is into this as a hobby or profession, would love to hear from them.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 07:31 AM   #2
Trustee

Hey Jim, welcome aboard. I live in Atlanta but I am working on an educational video on Oak Ridge. On 20 Dec (of all days), I was up in a single engine plan doing aerials of the area. Frooze my butt off up there. I use the Canon XL-1s and love working with it. What do you like to shoot?
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2005, 06:01 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for the reply Bob - I am just trying to make a decision on which camcorder to purchase, so I haven't done much in the way of video, other than just taking videos of grandkids. I have been an avid photo hobiest for many years, with my favorite subjects being old barns and trees - kind of strange isn't it?

As far as video - I imagine my main subjects might be videos of animals in whatever wild settings that I can find them, like the local mountains. It is just another hobby that I want to get into and probably spend way too much money doing it.

I think that I am going to go with the GL2, which seems to fit what I am looking for.

Thanks for the reply - hope you enjoy your trip to Oak Ridge.

Jim
Old January 17th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #4
New Boot

I did it!

Well I did it - got my GL2 this past Friday. Spent the weekend "playing" with it and seeing what all it could do. Seems like a real great camera, now I can't wait to get out and shoot some video to give it a try (unfortunately work calls first).

Wondering if there are any other GL2 users in the Knoxville,TN area.
Old January 18th, 2005, 10:32 AM   #5
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard DVInfo.net Jim and congrats on your purchase!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 08:57 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I live in knoxville. I have made some commercials... But I am not a Pro and I dont use a cannon. Just got a Sony PDX10 two days ago, infact.
I'm a student so I am stretching my budget as it is with a PDX10 but a GL2 would be nice to play with i'm sure.
Nice to know there's some one else from knoxville on here.
Later,
Nevin
Old April 13th, 2005, 10:50 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Jim and Nevin! I'm also from K-Town!

We used the GL-2 in business and play for years, a super workhorse with great quality. I'm currently shooting with the XL1-S mostly now, but the GL-2 still comes out from time to time as it's more agile and easier to carry.

Let me know if you catch any good shots in the Smokies Jim!

Any other Knoxville video "geeks" out there? ;)
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:10 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Moving to Knoxville area.

Hey guy's. Kevin here, 22, I have GL2 and will be moving to Sevierville June 1st. I currently live in CT. I am applying at WBIR for a News Photogrpaher, Hope I get it. I used to live in Seymour when I was little. I love the smokies. I well def be taking some video up there! I also am a Freelance photog for The Weather Channel. Maybe we can meet up one day!
Kevin Galliford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:36 PM   #9
Major Player

SEE-VER-VILLE!?!

joking...

Hey Kevin, welcome back to the area (if you make it)! Good luck with the WBIR deal. Give me a shout if you get back, I head up to that area sometimes with the girlfriend for lack of much else to do in Knoxville.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2005, 06:55 PM   #10
Regular Crew

LOL
thanks ya i will be there in the first week of june I cant wait.
Kevin Galliford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood