Hello from Reno, NV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 10th, 2005, 09:12 PM   #1
Tourist

Hello from Reno, NV

Hello my name is Jeff Karels. I am new to the boards and have been searching and reading the threads for a few days now.

I am grateful to have found such a professional group of people sharing the same interests and helping each other out.

There truly is a wealth of info here.

About myself....

I originally set out to have a music production studio. While at best buy years ago i was searching for a product my friends told me about called cakewalk. While at Best Buy I seen sonic foundry video factory on the shelf and bought it.

I was misled at first. My friend had bought a super8 cheap Knock off canon camcorder, most likely a one chip unit.

We then started to shoot a horror film...one camera edited by video factory. I was misled because i actually thought i could do a movie something like Blair Witch with this setup. But then i set out online to find some answers and the experience has been marvelous.

After such a fun time and few hours of research ( that since has become years of research), I ended buying vegas 4+dvd. I stuck with sonic foundry, never bought cakewalk, bought Acid and Soundforge instead.

My first choice for the professional camera was the xl-1. The interchangable lens won me over, and at the time there was like one movie done that looked cool in the 30p movie mode.

I couldnt afford this camera at the time. Meanwhile the dvx100 came out. At this time i still couldnt buy the camera, but my research has taken the interest into the world of 24p mini dv.

So as we all no the canon xl-1s came out i rushed to be disapointed that the dvx 100 competitor had no 24p. I began to loose hope, but kept up on my research.

Since then the dvx 100a came out, and it was perfect. I still couldnt get my hands on one. (been buying too much music equiptment like the Korg Triton studio 88key first) Then the canon xl 2 came out, and the rest (when i get my hands on one) will be history.

And he filmed happily ever after, until the rest of his days.
Old January 10th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #2
Major Player

Welcome! I hear Reno is so close to HELL you can see Sparks! HaHaHa! Obviously I was a local there once upon a time.
CakeWalk is a great program to run with that Korg. I used to have one but now I use a Roland Fantom and still use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 (never needed to upgrade to Sonar).
I hope you find a way to get your hands on a camera but fear not, when you need one, it will come. In the mean time, they will only make them better and better so don't rush into anything you don't really need or want.

Hey, enjoy all that snow you guys are gettin'!
Rhett Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 04:48 AM   #3
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard DVInfo.net Jeff! It's good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood