DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hey from France (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/37841-hey-france.html)

Liam Engle January 16th, 2005 04:58 AM

Hey from France

Hi guys...

I'm an amateur filmmaker from the south of France... I'm trying to shoot some stuff and get a demo reel together...

I'm finishing university right now and trying to find some work on sets at the same time, usually as assistant unit manager...

What else can I say ? I shoot on a Panasonic NV GS70 and edit on Premiere 6.0...

I'll be linking to some of my films so you guys can see what I'm up too... Pretty cool forum...

Rob Lohman January 18th, 2005 09:01 AM

Welcome aboard DVInfo.net Liam! It's good to have you with us,
enjoy your stay!

Eugene Weaver February 1st, 2005 09:16 AM

Re: Hey from France

<<<-- Originally posted by Liam Engle : Hi guys...

I'm an amateur filmmaker from the south of France... I'm trying to shoot some stuff and get a demo reel together...

I'm finishing university right now and trying to find some work on sets at the same time, usually as assistant unit manager...

What else can I say ? I shoot on a Panasonic NV GS70 and edit on Premiere 6.0...

I'll be linking to some of my films so you guys can see what I'm up too... Pretty cool forum... -->>>

I hope to someday visit your beautiful country with my XL2! Other than New Zeland, France is the number #1 county I want to do filming in.

Imran Zaidi February 1st, 2005 09:44 AM

Welcome Liam! France is definitely a beautiful country. A friend of mine lived in Lyon for a couple of years and I visited him twice, in 2001 and 2002. We'd take train rides here and there to places like Annecy and Grenoble. What a beautiful countryside. I've been to a few places in France in the past, but I really loved Lyon.

Welcome to DVi!

Mark Easton February 3rd, 2005 03:31 PM

Salut Liam

I lived in Montpellier for 2 years in 2002 - 2003 and it was fantastic. Was just a shame that I didn't have a camera while I was there as there was just so much beautiful stuff to film.

Am now back in New Zealand and have just bought a Pani GS400. The nature is beautiful here but the cities and buildings just aren't the same (In France I lived in an apartment that was built before Cook discovered NZ!!)

After my travels I am quite keen to make some French shorts in New Zealand (using French actors here). Would be an easy way to produce an exotic location short.

Eugene - France & NZ are some great choices !!

Cheers
Mark

Eugene Weaver February 3rd, 2005 03:39 PM

I can only hope to get to those places someday. Right now all my money is tied up in the camera and accessories not to mention house payments, car payments etc.

Now that I have two batteries and some filters, I want to start looking into a nice (but not overly expensive) shotgun mic.

I just watched Before Sunset with Ethan Hawke and Julia Deply and wow...what a great film. Made me want to pack my bags and head to France for a week.