Hey from France at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 16th, 2005, 04:58 AM   #1
New Boot

Hey from France

Hi guys...

I'm an amateur filmmaker from the south of France... I'm trying to shoot some stuff and get a demo reel together...

I'm finishing university right now and trying to find some work on sets at the same time, usually as assistant unit manager...

What else can I say ? I shoot on a Panasonic NV GS70 and edit on Premiere 6.0...

I'll be linking to some of my films so you guys can see what I'm up too... Pretty cool forum...
Liam Engle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 09:01 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard DVInfo.net Liam! It's good to have you with us,
enjoy your stay!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 09:16 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Hey from France

<<<-- Originally posted by Liam Engle : Hi guys...

I'm an amateur filmmaker from the south of France... I'm trying to shoot some stuff and get a demo reel together...

I'm finishing university right now and trying to find some work on sets at the same time, usually as assistant unit manager...

What else can I say ? I shoot on a Panasonic NV GS70 and edit on Premiere 6.0...

I'll be linking to some of my films so you guys can see what I'm up too... Pretty cool forum... -->>>

I hope to someday visit your beautiful country with my XL2! Other than New Zeland, France is the number #1 county I want to do filming in.
Eugene Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 09:44 AM   #4
Trustee

Welcome Liam! France is definitely a beautiful country. A friend of mine lived in Lyon for a couple of years and I visited him twice, in 2001 and 2002. We'd take train rides here and there to places like Annecy and Grenoble. What a beautiful countryside. I've been to a few places in France in the past, but I really loved Lyon.

Welcome to DVi!
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:31 PM   #5
New Boot

Salut Liam

I lived in Montpellier for 2 years in 2002 - 2003 and it was fantastic. Was just a shame that I didn't have a camera while I was there as there was just so much beautiful stuff to film.

Am now back in New Zealand and have just bought a Pani GS400. The nature is beautiful here but the cities and buildings just aren't the same (In France I lived in an apartment that was built before Cook discovered NZ!!)

After my travels I am quite keen to make some French shorts in New Zealand (using French actors here). Would be an easy way to produce an exotic location short.

Eugene - France & NZ are some great choices !!

Cheers
Mark
Mark Easton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:39 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I can only hope to get to those places someday. Right now all my money is tied up in the camera and accessories not to mention house payments, car payments etc.

Now that I have two batteries and some filters, I want to start looking into a nice (but not overly expensive) shotgun mic.

I just watched Before Sunset with Ethan Hawke and Julia Deply and wow...what a great film. Made me want to pack my bags and head to France for a week.
Eugene Weaver is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood