New member in central Indiana (anybody need a shot of a cornfield?) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 18th, 2005, 11:03 AM   #1
Major Player

New member in central Indiana (anybody need a shot of a cornfield?)

Hello all,

I've checked in on these boards here and there over the last couple of years as a GL2 owner and have recently started posting as a new XL2 owner.

Here's a little about me:

I graduated from Anderson University in 1991 with a double major in Music and Business.

For the past 15 or 16 years, I have worked in the production industry as an audio engineer. I have done installations in large and small venues as well as worked live productions for all sorts of clients from local churches to large arena international conventions, from local battle of the bands to more major concerts for Cheap Trick, Tesla, Loverboy and others.

During that same time, I worked as a graphic designer - and currently still am - working for a company that publishes men's fashion magazines.

Last year, I went back to college and took a couple of classes in broadcast video production. I'd love to take more, but it's tough to find the time with work and family.

It's been a strange creative mix of life experiences, but it's led me to video production as the perfect marrage of tech production and artistic design. I've always been interested in video and film, and have worked side by side with several video productions houses in events where I was on the audio crew. Finally, a friend of mine who is also a graphic designer dying to do film, joined with me, invested in some basic gear, and started a video production company called Creative Juices Video.

At first, we did a lot of weddings, but now are finding the opportunity to more corporate work.

We use 2 GL2s, a GL1, a new XL2 (which we just got and actually haven't used, yet) some Sennheiser ew100 mic kits, 2 Mac G5s and a G4 running Final Cut Pro HD, DVD Studio Pro, and Photoshop CS. We are currently building some of the rigs from Dan Selakovich's book "Killer Camera Rigs That You Can Build" and own a fairly extensive Digital Juice library.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice I've read over the last couple of years, and hopefully I'll get to help someone else at some point, here.

Cheers,

-Vence Vida
Old February 20th, 2005, 04:08 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Hello Vence and welcome aboard DVInfo.net! It's good to have
you with us! Congratulations on your new camera as well, it's a
great camera to own!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2005, 10:17 AM   #3
Major Player

another hoosier

Vence,

Welcome to the boards! (Great resource, isn't it?)

A little about me: I run a part-time videography business in Westfield, IN. I shoot mainly weddings, but have done other events such as concerts and graduation parties. I enjoy event videography very much, but I hope to someday produce a documentary; my problem is I enjoy too many subjects, so narrowing down my focus is proving difficult. Working a full-time job in publishing and being a father/husband zaps a lot of energy, but I somehow find time for videography. I'm paying for it in lack of sleep, but I get by. At least I still have a full head of hair -- although I'm getting my "distinguished" gray at age 33.

T.J.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2005, 10:50 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey! More Hoosiers! I go to Purdue.
Daniel Skubal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood