DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Anyone else from England or into snowboarding? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/40053-anyone-else-england-into-snowboarding.html)

Chris Schulz February 24th, 2005 10:31 AM

Anyone else from England or into snowboarding?

Whats up, I'm from England but living in June Lake, near Mammoth, Ca for the winter. I'm helping to film for a British snowboarding movie called 'Hungerpain'. www.hungerpain.co.uk- visit the site for more info and you can download a teaser from www.hungerpain.co.uk/teaser/images/teaser.mov

Ed Smith February 24th, 2005 12:19 PM

Hi Chris,

I'm from the England (Hampshire). Nice to see a few more people join the board from the UK.

Its snowing here at the moment, No need to go outside the UK for snowboarding ;-)

Cool website! Some nice moves and shots in your teaser!

Cheers,

Chris Schulz February 24th, 2005 08:36 PM

Hey Ed
thats pretty cool. What do you do/are you working on any interesting video projects?

Ed Smith February 25th, 2005 12:40 PM

I work full time as a Broadcast support engineer, part-time I make various videos. Currently in the middle of editing a Trampoling video, and a dance event video.

Where in England do you live in the Summer/Spring monthes?

All the best,

Chris Schulz February 25th, 2005 09:52 PM

Well I'm from Hertford, but I start uni in Southampton in October. Do you get away to snowboard much or you ride dryslope indoor?

Ed Smith March 2nd, 2005 01:08 PM

Hi Chris,

I don't really ski or snowboard... I have done dryslope skiing at Calshot before and would love to do it again!

All the best,

Colin Willsher November 11th, 2006 06:18 AM

Hi fellas,

A bit late to the party but was just looking to see if there where any posts from Southampton. I'm a composer by trade but do bits and pieces of video too- weddings, small corporates and charities etc. just to keep my hand in - more of a hobby in many ways, I just enjoy playing with technology.

I live just down the road from the University so don't hesitate to get in touch. I'm also going on my first skiing trip in February and fully expect to come back on crutches - perhaps one of you could bring some grapes into the hospital for me :-)

Cheers

Colin

Ed Smith November 11th, 2006 11:08 AM

I started skiing a year ago, since then been twice and going again in december to Andorra. I make a number of trips a year to Milton Keynes indoor snowdome - well worth the trip.

Charles Perkins November 11th, 2006 11:12 AM

hey, check out the british ski film we made last year. www.runjumpfly.net

we were also filming with Chris Southwell, one of the brit snowboards sponsored by oakleyfor clothing and eyewear!

Colin Willsher November 11th, 2006 03:26 PM

Hey Ed,

We were looking into the snodome for perhaps a trip next month. We have had a couple of lessons on the dry slopes and have some friends that ski regularly who might be able to keep us upright!

C

Ed Smith November 12th, 2006 06:15 AM

Hey Colin,

You'll be fine. The snodome is excellent, there are lots of things to do there besides skiing - shopping, eating out, climbing wall, airfix... shopping... you can make a whole day out of it.

The only thing I would say is that you need to be competed at using a poma lift, linking turns and controlling your speed if you plan on doing the free practise. Otherwise I would suggest do an hours learn to ski lesson. These all need to be booked in advance.

You'll enjoy it