DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Greetings from St. Louis (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/40320-greetings-st-louis.html)

Cleveland Brown March 1st, 2005 12:13 AM

Greetings from St. Louis

Hello everyone.

First things first. Thanks for putting this site together Chris. It is a primary resource for anyone looking to learn anything about anything that has to do with using a camera to tell a story. Cheers!

My name is Cleveland Brown and I am an independent film maker. I started out making training videos for the Army in 1991 and did that for a couple years. Then went over to Germany to work at the American Forces Network in Frankfurt Germany. All total I was in for about 7 years. I got out just about the time digital and NL started to surface.

I left the Army to go to flight school in Orlando while doing freelance corprate stuff on the side. Mostly small jobs. Fligth instructed, flew cargo planes and then airlines for almost 4 years. Just got layed off from the 2nd one in 4 years. Not gonna do it again. I got word of the furlough just 2 days after I signed the paperwork for my XL2. Must be fate.

While I was flying around and not liking the lifestyle, I spent much of my time studying business and writting screenplays. I have been working on the logistics for a full length low budget feature now for several months and expect to start shooting on it in the next three to six months. It helps to do some charity stuff for free because so many poeple give me cards and offer to help with audio, lighting, locations, or just about anything they can. I have also undertaken the project of building a steadycam. Should have it working well by the time I start shooting my movie.

Digital is increadible as compared to Anal-Log where you have to rewind, preview, rewind and edit only to realize you are in the assemble edit mode and now have to reblack the tape and start over. I'm sure that sound familiar to some of you and completely foriegn to others. I'm going to Marcus van Bavels DVfilms 24P film school in April to make sure I fully unerstand the digital process from shooting to print. If any of you have been to it, feedback would be most appreciated.

I don't know what will happen with all of this but if my imagination took me from East LA, to directing the six o'clock news on AFN, to flying passenger jets, I think it can take me anywhere esle I venture to go. OK that's enough but if any of you are in St. Louis and want to network drop me an email at Pavoninedigital@aol.com. I think I can make my movie for about two thousand before marketing expenses. After that I'll have to get venture capital but I believe the movie I'm doing has the potential to take care of that for me. After that, I already have my next 15 years of work planned out for me.

Thanks All!

CLEVE-ij

Boyd Ostroff March 1st, 2005 06:55 AM

Welcome aboard Cleveland. Your background should give you an interesting perspective on things. I was born and raised in St. Louis myself, and I know we have a couple other members here who live there. Stay in touch!

Harikrishnan Ponnurangam March 29th, 2005 12:52 AM

From St.Louis

Hi Cleve-ij,

I'm from STL too. New bie. I can help you of any kind for your project.

Cheers,
Hari