DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Northern Virginia (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/4097-northern-virginia.html)

AaronClifford October 3rd, 2002 03:30 PM

Northern Virginia

I am, by choice, a writer. If you've ever written a screenplay (or anything, by god) I am sure you can identify with how difficult it can be to get it read, and much less, produced.
By necessity I looked into the possibility of going into production on my own, and have found the idea to be one of the most rewarding prospects to date. I am currently looking into funding my first project, a feature-length fictional film for theatrical release and distribution (by nature i set my sights high). Of course, this will follow a few forays into shorts, to get acquainted with editing techniques and the more subtle effects in digicinematography.
If there is anyone in the area that would like to collaborate (as i have no equipment to speak of, besides that rattling in my head that occasionally sounds out an idea for a film. Have you ever heard the expression, 'stick a hundred monkeys behind typewriters and eventually they will write a book? I have no shortage of monkeys) Please drop me a line via this forum (a godsend) and we can talk.

good luck to everyone in the diverse, and seemingly inclusive, field of entertainment.

Aaron

Jeff Donald October 3rd, 2002 03:48 PM

Hi Aaron,

I'm glad you found your way here. There aren't too many self professed writers here, or if there are they aren't very vocal. It will be good to here a writers perspective on many of the things written here. Your location is blank, so where exactly are you saying hello from? Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Jeff

AaronClifford October 3rd, 2002 04:02 PM

im posting from northern virgina.

Rob Lohman October 4th, 2002 10:43 AM

Welcome aboard Aaron! Good to have a writer with us. As Jeff
pointed out, there aren't much around (as far as I know). Always
interesting!

Cheers!

AaronClifford October 4th, 2002 12:44 PM

Is there a reason a writer would want to hide that fact? i know that as far as the pecking order goes, a write comes only before the publicist..as far as the limit of my understanding will take me (and that is limited)
If there is anybody (or anybodies) in the DC metro area that would like to butt heads (in a productive way) i am always interested in learning something new

Jim Sauza October 4th, 2002 05:12 PM

Hi Aaron, Im probably not too far from you here in Stafford county va. near Quantico/95

Jim

AaronClifford October 5th, 2002 01:46 AM

nope, not too far at all. i used to work in warrenton, actually. now i'd say that i am about an hour and a half from the quantico area. (give or take a minute or so, depending on where you are) What interests do you have in dv?

Steve Kim November 27th, 2002 12:38 PM

folks in Nothern Viriginia

AaronClifford,
I have lived in Nothern Viriginia & Washington metropolitan area for 20 years and am a weekend videographer. I have been playing with my XL1S PAL since January this year. Recently I'd edited my clips in Final Cut Pro 3.0 in Mac. I had some experience in the still photography, but am a beginner in video. I have some skill sets for making video and desire to make a movie someday.

My email address is msmmgr@hanmail.net

Michael Hamilton May 23rd, 2003 01:51 PM

I work at Falls Church Community Television (703) 248-5538.
We have plenty of equipment but no actors or writers. I've done some dramatic pieces with our town's Civil War and Victorian re-enactors which turned out to look pretty good for a non-professional group.
What I'd like to see develop here is a small ensemble of dedicated amature writers, actors, and crew, interested in creating dramatic material for broadcast.

If anyone in the area is interested:
hamiltonm@fccps.k12.va.us

Tim Brown May 23rd, 2003 03:26 PM

Greetings Michael,

I hear ya!

I live and work in Richmond, just an hour or two from you guys, and would also welcome an opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in creating a network of knowledge and resources within the area where-by we could better ourselves personally and professionally. I'm currently working on my own film-short using a GL2, and know of a few people who would love to collaborate on projects in the Richmond Northern Virginia area.

Anyone else out there from the Richmond, NOVA area itching to get involved?

Michael Hamilton May 27th, 2003 11:00 AM

Tim,

I've heard that Richmond has a pretty dynamic film community going. Isn't it easier to make contacts there?
I wish you were closer to N.VA. We seem to have the same general goals.

Tim Brown June 4th, 2003 10:04 AM

From what I've read there is a budding film community here, but with many failed attempts to make contact with truly passionate professional individuals willing to donate a little time for a common goal, I am becoming skeptical.

Trey Perrone June 9th, 2003 12:18 AM

Im in fredericksburg. Have GL1, aquiring XL1s, GL2, and EOS 10D soon. Pretty good with the cam and decent at editing. If you guys ever did want to collab on a project I would sure like to help out. Im would be very interested in what you have going on Michael, I would like to do some work on something dramatic. Most of what i have done has been sporting events. I did some work on a gov't project for a guy in Falls Church (off 50 i believe). Seems like we have quite a little group here we could get together and make some things happen!