DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   What's going on in Washington DC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/41759-whats-going-washington-dc.html)

John Lee March 24th, 2005 07:41 PM

What's going on in Washington DC

Anyone working on any projects in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area?

I've fallen out of touch with a lot of the film circles in town, just wondering what's going on. I'd like to get involved in some low budget projects again when I can fit them around my work schedule.

Greg Boston March 24th, 2005 09:44 PM

Sorry John, I have to jump in here a moment. Your thread title is the same question many have been asking for years now, he said with tongue planted firmly in cheek. :-)

regards,

-gb-

Joe Carney March 28th, 2005 09:49 AM

I feel the same way. Haven't really talked to anyone since last year. Wonder where everyone is and what plans they have.

I use mouthwash, so it couldn't be my breath,:).

Tim Brown March 28th, 2005 10:05 AM

I'm not close enough to be affected by whatever is in the drinking water in DC, but am close enough to help out on projects.

I'm currently working on a blog to update the projects and progress for some creative folks south of Fredericksburg as I'm located in Richmond, but am dying to get into some narrative projects with people looking to perfect their craft anywhere in the area.

I'm also working on pre for a short I've created, but it seems that preproduction has lasted forever.

Always looking to make a movie!

-Tim

Nancy Scott March 30th, 2005 12:22 PM

Hi there, Neighborhood...

We completed two short narrative films last year, and submitted to a number of festivals (no takers yet). We also had a successful screening of the longer short-- 30 minutes -- to which a number of local DV Info-netters were invited and a number stopped by. We also redesigned our website and worked on some full-length screenplays. In the meantime, we've scripted and cast another short (13-14 minutes), slated for a mid-April shoot. If anybody's interested in hauling cable and/or holding reflectors on April 16 or 17 (weekend), shout out. We need one more pair of hands. :-)

Nancy
www.scott2bgreat.com

Joe Carney April 4th, 2005 12:05 PM

Hi Nancy, man, I would love to go, but will be down in FL then on my way back. Anything after let me know.

I'm older, wiser, fatter..but still have all my hair :).

Nancy Scott April 4th, 2005 12:27 PM

Hey, Joe... Sorry to hear you won't be around. It would have been great to work with you again. Next time, for sure.. and have a good trip South.

Nancy

Greg Harris April 21st, 2005 09:11 AM

I live out in Fairfax, VA 15 minutes from D.C. and I shoot skateboarding and produced my own videos which are sold all over the world.

Gary Franks May 18th, 2005 10:48 AM

Pre-production.... Horror Film

Hi,

To answer your question.... I am in the process of putting together a horror project to shoot in Late August/early September 2005. The budget is low and the locations are in and around Gaithersburg/Rockville MD. I am shooting this with a GL1 an looking for anyone with a GL1 or better to work as camera B. If a third person is available I am looking for a Camera C as well.

I am also in need of a DP and sound recordist. As well as Make-Up artists. Our budget... extremely low is approx $1,000 - $1,500 for the entire shoot, and the shoot will begin on a friday night and end Sunday morning. This is a night shoot for 2 weekends Friday and Saturday nights and then Day shoot for 2 weekends. There is a small break for Labor Day weekend.

Anyone interested on getting in on this project reply here or email me @ shufflingzombie@yahoo.com. Shufflingzombie is also my YIM screenname. I will also be looking for 75-100 extra's.

Anyone interested in working on this project please let me know. Even though the budget is low, I will do my best to compensate key individuals that are involved. Even if it is Gas money....

Food will be provided every night of shooting.

Steven Davis May 19th, 2005 01:54 PM

Richmond VA

I'm currently working on a blog to update the projects and progress for some creative folks south of Fredericksburg as I'm located in Richmond...

Hey Tim, I'm in Richmond too, actually south in Chesterfield. Nice to meet you.

Joe Carney May 19th, 2005 08:36 PM

Well, since Germany got cancelled at the last minute, I'll be back into the swing of things in the DC area. Hoping to find a crew looking for a free pa. Nothing too small or to big. Hope to start something myself this fall. Depends on what happens this summer.