Hello Everyone - new screenwriter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 10th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #1
Tourist

Hello Everyone--I Certified As A Screen..

Hello Everyone,

I'm a certified screenwriter and would like to find others to collaborate with in the hopes to make independent films. I would love to work with at least one other screen writer and a core group of people who are needed to make indie films (camera person, actors, and possibly people who are into special effects "makeup, lighting, post production etc.).

I believe that through strong cooperative work alot can be achieved. To me, making an indie film is not about individual glory but rather about a team process, hence, I have no qualms about working with other writers and all those who can lift a project off the ground. Ultimately, I would like to finish at least 1-2 films a year so that we could submit them to some of the numerous festivals, and if nothing else at least to the Vancouver International Film Festival.

Nevertheless, because I understand that we can often get busy and caught up with other things in life, I would like there to be some degree of flexibility in our collaboration. While I would sincerely like to see at least 1-2 films finished within the year, I would also be willing to see if it is possible given peoples' circumstances. And to that extent, this collaboration should be organic enough to allow for natural changes to occur. I guess I am looking to collaborate on a level that is more than a hobby but less than something in which an immediate career can be built in and around.

If this is something that would interest you, I look forward to talking with you and getting to know you better. You can see some of my writing at http://www.writerbytes.com Straight Up! (projects). I usually recommend Hook, Line, and Sinker--My Fairy Tale as most of my other works are stylistically more reflective of journal type enteries (my thoughts). Unfortunately, I do not have any scripts on the site, but hopefully you can get a better understanding of my writing style and thought processes.

Good luck to everyone and I wish you all the success in your future endeavors. Take care and keep happy and healthy.

Sincerely,

Samir Goel (sgoel@alumni.sfu.ca)
Samir Goel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 03:06 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Hello Samir! Welcome aboard (H)DVinfo.net! We have a couple of
screenwriters here on this forum, unfortunately there is not a lot
going on here in terms of writing.

I've changed your threads title to hopefully attract some other
screenwriters to come in and say hello!

Regards,

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 06:43 AM   #3
Trustee

Certified screenwriter? Who certified you? lol
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:31 AM   #4
Air China Pilot

I think Samir means that he actually went to school for screenwriting (is that right, Samir?)

People like me who had no training are probably only certifiable. :)

Anyway, I invited Samir here from a local screenwriters meetup that we both virtually met on. Samir is interested in local production in Vancouver so I hope someone here has an opportunity for him to get his hands dirty.

Welcome Samir!
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:32 AM   #5
Tourist

Hey Guys!

Hey Guys,

it's great to be aboard! And yes, Keith has hit it right on the head. Christopher, I am a certified screen writer from Vancouver Film School--I graduated from a four month's screenwriter's program in 2001 (writing class 7). At this point, I am looking to do a little less writing and a little more shooting. While I enjoy the individual act of writing, I believe that I would enjoy collaborating a lot more. I am essentially looking to work with people and get a better feel for the indie film process. And as such, my job will not end at the point where the script is done but rather when the whole project wraps up. I would like to stay for all the action and contribute in my own limited ways--whatever that might be.

I have had a past experience working with a friend on trying to get a film put together. Although we didn't quite succeed, I enjoyed what we had done. We were so close to finishing that I was rather annoyed why we didn't, but that is another story altogether, one that I have learned from. I am hoping this time around that I will be part of a group that is able to produce a final project regardless of whether it is a short or a feature length movie. Nevertheless, I strongly advocate to putting together several shorts before moving to more ambitious projects.

I hope that this explains a little bit more about myself and what I am looking forward to working towards with the right group of people. It's been great getting to know you and I look forward to future conversations. Take care and talk to you all soon.

Sincerely,

Samir Goel (sgoel@alumni.sfu.ca)
Samir Goel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood