Greetings from Ontario Canada - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 8th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #91
RED Code Chef

Hi Lyndon, welcome aboard DV Info Net, it's good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 06:43 PM   #92
Major Player

Hello from Ontario eh!!!

Greetings everybody...

Usually i'd comment on the coldness up here, but due to global warming, I'll have to say 'Ola for now. Just picture me with a drink that has an umbrella rather than my snowblower for now...

Anyhoo, i've been a digital video nut since i digitized my first VCR transfer. I primarily come from the inner depths of the frameserving and encoding community...
Several years ago, advanced NLE's opened my eyes to more wonderfull things, but like every hobby, it gets expensive very fast.

To pay for this interest, i tagged along a local Video company, and have done several weddings..Of course, i've done several myself, but have slowed down in the last year.
Unfortunately, children, work, and life got in the way....I'm slowly making a comeback, and when i see people like Patrick Moreau present beautiful wedding videos into an artform, it makes me want to get up and start fresh again...

I'll be picking up my new HP wX9300 workstation, and have a few basic questions to ask beforehand...I'm an Adobe fan and love Premiere, Photoshop, and am trying to sink my claws into After Effects..
For now, i'll head on over to the Display/monitor section, so come and join me..

I'm looking forward to learn from this community, and to share whatever knowledge my little brain can offer....
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #93
New Boot

Hi from Ontario

Hi Everyone,

Another one from Ontario. I have a small videography business on the side from my full time job at a brokerage. I mainly shoot weddings and small events. Been doing it for a while but still lots to learn as I have been changing my setup and starting to use different NLE's.

Have a great one.
Heath Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2007, 12:10 PM   #94
New Boot

Hey Heath,

I'm a digital content producer from the GTA! It's nice to meet you. I'm somewhat new to the forum as well. Have been reading it for a while now and finally decided to join. The forum is a great souce for info, I'm sure you'll learn tons more!

P.S. What kinds of NLEs are you starting to use?

All the best,

Simone
Simone Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2007, 12:15 PM   #95
New Boot

Hey Peter,

From the GTA over here. I'm a digital content producer. Nice to "meet" you online!
Simone Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:51 AM   #96
Regular Crew

Welcome

but isnt it nice to pack up our snowblowers for awhile.
or not buy one in the first place and spend it on equipment?
Old July 23rd, 2007, 07:43 AM   #97
Major Player

Never mind the snow equipment....
I'm having to sell some of my prized guns to pay for this habit.....

I'll be donating organs at this rate...Oh well..
Old August 5th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #98
RED Code Chef

Hi Heath & Simone, welcome aboard DV Info Net, great to have you with us!

Old August 5th, 2007, 08:17 AM   #99
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard DV Info Net all. Good to have everyone with us!

Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:51 PM   #100
New Boot

Another one in Niagara

This thread is getting oldd.

Hi there, I'm Justin;

I'm currently living in the Niagara Region, but use to live in Midland. I'm currently going to school @ Niagara College for Mechanical Engineering Technology. I fell in love with video after taking a communications class in high school. I have a Canon HV20 w/t VideoMic along with FCE 3.5 to edit with. Most videos that I make at the moment are short 5 min things for either friends or church. I'd like to upgrade to JVC's new HM100 when it comes out at the end of April.

Hopefully when I go back to work on the ships sometime in May, I'll have an HM100 along with me to make somewhat of a documentary of what life is like on a ship (assuming it's all right with the captain).

I look forward to learning a lot from this place.
Justin Terreberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #101
New Boot

Hey Justin, thanks for reviving this thread,.. I had totally missed it before!

I live in the Hamilton area, and have a real hankering to make short films. I first got the bug when I went to Sydney, Australia on a 2 year job contract awhile back. While we were there, I bought a little JVC Camcorder (PAL format) so I could record the sights, and have a video record of our time. I fell in love with the possibilities. Now that we have been back in Canada for a few years, I have managed to aquire a Canon XH-A1, and a few other toys (mostly DIY). I am absolutely dying to make a short or something,.. but have discovered that writing stories, and story ideas, are not my fortes. I have made a few little things with my kids (their ideas) that were a blast to do, and allowed me to try my hand at some After Effects, and I love it. But I would LOVE to make some more movies, and try some stuff a little more challenging and ambitious. But without a story,.. hmm.

Hey, does anyone know if there are any clubs/collectives/groups in the area? People who get together with common video/film interests, varied equipment and experience levels, and maybe collaborate on some group efforts, ..make some shorts for fun? I'd love to get involved in something like that. Does anyone know if something like that exists around here?
Steve Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #102
Major Player

Hey Justin.....

Why in the world would anybody leave Midland. It's God's country...I've got a frozen Midland Harbour spanned across both my screens as a background...Joined it as close as i could in Photoshop.

As far as Hamilton is concerned, there's a small collection of video hobbyists and enthusiasts. Google HVFM.
They meet once every month or 2nd month..Check out there website....
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings from Ontario Canada-midland.jpg  
Old March 31st, 2009, 02:18 PM   #103
New Boot

Hey All....

Just wanted to say hey to everyone as I am a new member of the forums. I've found the posts very helpful already....I am an aspiring videographer from Courtice, ON, Canada. I am shooting with a VX2000 and using pinnacle and vegas for editing. I have just recently bought the 2000 (upgraded from my old vx1000) and have a few questions about it that I will be posting in the proper section....Cheers!!!
Jay Lovell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood