Old Fart from Cape Town at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old September 28th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Cape Town

Good morning!

We are a husband and wife team of wedding videographers. We shoot with 3 Canon XM-2s (PAL GL-2), 4 iRivers - with Giant Squid lapel mics, standard lens, Canon WD-58 wide angle lens and a clip on Raynox semi fish eye lens. We use 50 watt, on camera, lights. Editing is with a Adobe Premiere Pro 2. We started the business in 1995.

Perhaps the international mixture of this forum can help me to answer this question? I was sent this picture yesterday. It was taken at a recent BSA Police reunion dinner, in London UK. It looked like they were recording the gathering with two cameras on tripods, without lights.

I am interested to know what cameras they were using. I want to write to the owner of the cameras and it would be nice to be able to refer to the make and models. They will be PAL but there is usually an identical NTSC equivalent, although the model number can be different.

Can anyone help me, please.

Cheers

Last edited by Howard Neill; September 28th, 2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Discretion
Howard Neill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 05:48 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Sony DSR-PDX10P camcorder

Hi Howard,

I believe that both those camera's are the same and they look exactly like a Sony DSR-PDX10P camcorder I have had one for about 5 or 6 years. I'm in Pal land too so it will be the same model number. Its a 3 CCD, mini DV/DV Cam camcorder that also comes with a removable(removed in that picture)XLR fitting that also takes an external microphone.
Can be setup to take true widescreen pictures. Only problem I ever had with it is that it isn't that great in lowlight.. . . .well compared with a Sony PD 150 anyway:-)
Used it as a work camera(like you mainly weddings) but it was great when we went on holiday because you could remove the audio component and you had an excellent, compact camcorder that was easy to take anywhere.

Mark
Mark Sudfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Mark. I wondered about the lighting. All the pics which they sent are very dark.

Cheers

Old September 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Welcome, Howard, good to see you here.

Edward
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Edward.
Old September 29th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #6
New Boot

Hello Howard,

Good to see another South African on the site.

Graeme
Graeme Coutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi Graeme EL is one of my favourite towns. What is your main line of video work? Ours is weddings, with a bit a coprporate, etc.

Cheers

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood