DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello all: A Justin Sammarco update to share with you fine folk (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/44899-hello-all-justin-sammarco-update-share-you-fine-folk.html)

Justin Sammarco May 19th, 2005 07:47 PM

Hello all: A Justin Sammarco update to share with you fine folk

hello guys and gals of the industry :)

I just wanted to stop in and say hello and give you all an update on whats been going on with my filmmaking life/career.

I have been working extensively on a feature length epic film titled "Nicholas of Myra" www.nicholasofmyra-movie.com

We have been in the heart of pre-production for the last 7 months since I've been on board. We are slowly wrapping up our auditions and finalizing our locations. Myself and Anthony Vescio(another member of this board and part of Filmboy Pictures) have been working together along with the executive producer and director in selecting nearly 150 children ranging in age from 3-15. Auditioning for children is a very very difficult task hahaa...to say the least.

Its been a great ride and we are very anxious to get into our shooting. Our shooting schedule is a hair bit over 150 days straight, with weekends off of course :) We do have our work cut out for us, but its nothing we can't handle.

We are going to be shooting HD, trying out the new sony. If any of you have any experience with it, i'd love to hear what you think of it.

but thats about all really...just wanted to keep you all up to date as far as that goes.

Hope you all are doing well...

~justin

Chris Hurd May 21st, 2005 11:15 AM

Are you guys aiming for a holiday release with that story, Justin? What an ambitious undertaking -- the best of luck with that and please keep us advised of your progress,

K. Forman May 21st, 2005 11:29 AM

Didn't W.C. Fields once say something about never working with kids or dogs?

I wish you the best with your film, and look forward to hearing the insider details after it's done.

Anthony Vescio May 22nd, 2005 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Didn't W.C. Fields once say something about never working with kids or dogs?

I wish you the best with your film, and look forward to hearing the insider details after it's done.

Yeah, we are breaking the three no-no's. Kids, dogs, and water are all involved. And i hate dogs, scared of kids, and cant swim. hooray for me!

K. Forman May 22nd, 2005 04:37 PM

Does this mean the reindeer have been easy to work with? I noticed they were left off the list ;)

Justin Sammarco May 24th, 2005 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Are you guys aiming for a holiday release with that story, Justin? What an ambitious undertaking -- the best of luck with that and please keep us advised of your progress,

yes we are planning a holiday release. Providing we get distribution. I'm confident that we will get picked up, but the question is...where will we go?

I'll keep you all informed. I'm going to be keeping a blog on our site www.filmboypictures.com for all those that are interested in keeping track of our progress...

:)

Justin